Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Inside Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" Performance!

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

Musical Director Stephen Oremus Shares Exclusive Details!

How much input did Gaga have on the number? Were there particular songs from the score she wanted to do?
SO: We talked a whole bunch, and then we got together and sat down at the piano and started playing through stuff and figuring out what felt good. I felt very strongly that it needed to be a more traditional medley, which she was really excited about. We tried different versions, some had a little less "Sound of Music" and a little more "Favorite Things." I knew that it had to start with "Sound of Music" and end with "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." It just felt right to me. So, in the end, we just kept playing with it until we came to a flow that felt really organic for the two of us. It was really, really exciting. She is such an inspiring artist and truly worked so hard for months to really perfect exactly how she was going to sing it and to show people a whole new side of her, which I think is so beautiful.
I think everyone was surprised when she started out singing "The Sound of Music" in a legit head voice and how great she sounded.
SO: She sang it in the original key.
I never thought I'd hear Lady Gaga sing in a soprano range. Did you look at Gaga and say, "Can you sing soprano?"
SO: [Laughs.] That did come from her, the soprano. She wanted to show people the different colors of her voice that no one's heard before. Then, of course, she really belted "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." She let you have it.
Any chance that you, Craig and Neil will try to convince her to do Broadway?
SO: [Laughs.] I can't speak to that, but I would jump at the chance to work with her again because it was such an amazing collaboration. If she's proven anything over the years, and certainly over these last couple of years, she's constantly surprising people with her artistry. It would be amazing. But who knows.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

What an artist! Working so hard for so long on ONE LEGENDARY performance! :giveup:

Gaga can do and sing most N-Y-THANG! :derpga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Queen of Input and Rehearsal :legend:

Any chance that you, Craig and Neil will try to convince her to do Broadway?
SO: [Laughs.] I can't speak to that, but I would jump at the chance to work with her again because it was such an amazing collaboration. If she's proven anything over the years, and certainly over these last couple of years, she's constantly surprising people with her artistry. It would be amazing. But who knows.

YASSS MAKE IT HAPPEN :giveup:

If she's proven anything over the years, and certainly over these last couple of years, she's constantly surprising people with her artistry.

:tea:

gagaconvert

Gaga can do and sing most N-Y-THANG! :derpga:

I see what you did there :derpga: No lies detected tbh

Archived