💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Kanye West developing video game about his mother

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

Azor Ahai

v

Whether it’s comparing himself to Wreck-It Ralph characters or starring in Flash games about not letting him into his zone, hip-hop superstar Kanye West’s relationship with gaming is about as strange as the rest of his career. But while it may be easy to snark at the idea of him developing a game of his own, you may have a change of heart after hearing his personal pitch.
“The idea is that it’s my mother going through the gates of heaven,†said West in a radio interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club. â€You’ve got to bring her to the highest gate of heaven by holding her to the light.â€
West’s mother Donda passed away in 2007, and the game would be an adaptation of his recent single “Only One.
â€
The song features a hypothetical chat between his daughter North and her late grandmother. Whatever you think of Kanye’s music, at least he fully puts himself out there. So the notion that his video game would reflect that heartfelt spirit certainly sounds more promising than a cynical cash grab like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.
West said the game is in development now, but the premise is the only thing we currently know about it. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into another Play the Industry, a vaporware hip-hop RPG proposed by Master P and Seth Green in 2007 and promptly forgotten. If Kanye continues dabbling in game development though, maybe Dropout Bear could return. Can you think of a better modern mascot than a teddy bear wearing shutter glasses?

http://www.geek.com/games/kanye-west-is-developing-his-own-video-game-1616435/

Tove Lo

Yeah I saw something about this on YouTube but didn't watch the video. Wonder how it'll turn out. PgUj916.gif

hop on that **** like a maniac

jomonster12

â€You’ve got to bring her to the highest gate of heaven by holding her to the light.â€

Ummmm....is this the point of the game?  :awkney:

â€You’ve got to bring her to the highest gate of heaven by holding her to the light.â€

Don't be insecure if you heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby.

JEWRJEWR

1 awkney is not enough :awkney: :awkney: :awkney:

Fear, she's the mother of violence

SISTERV

This is....and I'm sorry to say it......lame. It just sounds like Kanye attempting to sound heartfelt, and in the meantime make money.

Profiting over your mother's death? Come on.

Commercial art is at a new low.

monsterdreams

Wat? I'm not even sure what goes on in his little mind

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Archived