💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My Reaction to Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute.

Delete

Featured Posts

(When I look down at my hands, I notice that a layer of skin has been ripped off from the beds of my nails. In delayed reaction I wince at the pain, only now attempting to congeal the veil of blood that pumps from the tips of my fingers.)

The time has come for Gaga to perform at the 2015 Academy Awards; a sentiment I never DREAMED would enter the stratosphere of my subconscious....

As the camera pans downward from the height of the venue, I gaze upon an open stage. At the center, surrounded by a mass of robed singers, is the beautiful, the electric Lady Gaga. She's dressed in a magnificent flowing gown, accented breathlessly by a voluminous mane of silver hair. On first glance I was shocked. After witnessing her "I'm going to the quinceanera, but first let me finish my chores" look, I never imagined her to look so breathtaking. Before I could catch a chance to process it all, my thoughts of her appearance fade, as I focus on the sound of the music, and the sound of her voice.

My initial reaction was evaded by waves of confusion. As a long time fan of Gaga, I thought I knew distinctly what her voice sounded like; and on the norm, I could point it out blind folded among a crowd of a million. This voice, however, didn't sound like Gaga. At least, not at first. Then, as she came into closer view, a collection of goosebumps tingled throughout my body, and as one song flowed flawlessly to the next, I came realize that I was witnessing something special, something game changing. 

By the end of the performance, I was left in subtle streaks of tears, perplexed by the intensity, clarity, and range of a singer I thought I knew all too well. Tonight I was proven wrong, because I wasn't fully aware of her ability. I hate to admit it, but I sought to see her failure,  thinking with an ARTPOP frame of mind. I always perceived Gaga as a talented woman who was playing up a brand or a character. Now I realize that she's simply just an average young woman, with an incredible voice and a flamboyant nickname.  

This was one for the history books. 

Signed, 

Dark Anatomy

AMAZING, sounds magical! :party:

Though I was hoping for a video of a very flamboyant little twinks screaming and falling all over the floor! :whitney:

Iconic

Always.  :whitney:

Well said.

:love: Thanks. 

AMAZING, sounds magical!

Though I was hoping for a video of a very flamboyant little twinks screaming and falling all over the floor!

Nothing more magical than bleeding and having heart palpitations.  :gaga:   

If only I made a video screaming "YAAAASSSSS GAGA YAAAASSSSS" :ohwell:

Bradley

I couldn't agree more. She really didn't sound like herself at all. I was so fcking shocked, and yes we all don't know this woman well enough.

I couldn't agree more. She really didn't sound like herself at all. I was so fcking shocked, and yes we all don't know this woman well enough.

I cannot wait to see what she does from this night forward. However, above all the praise and recognition I hope that she remains the the Gaga we saw tonight: humble, dedicated, and stripped. I'm ready for new music!!!

Bradley

I cannot wait to see what she does from this night forward. However, above all the praise and recognition I hope that she remains the the Gaga we saw tonight: humble, dedicated, and stripped. I'm ready for new music!!!

She is always humble, and has always been, and will be I believe. But speaking of her future work, The Cheek to Cheek Tour hasn't ended though, so she's gonna stay to those looks for a while until we get something new when she embarks her sixth era.

StefJAGermanotta

First of all, welcome back DA! :haha:

Second, I had the exact same reaction!  I also felt I could pinpoint Gaga's voice anywhere, so when she sang the first notes, it didn't sound like her at all.  I was literally WTF, is she LIP SYNCHING?  This is career suicide!!!  She'll be crucified by the media.  How can she DO this to me (I took it very personally, LOL).

These vocals are a notch above her past performances and singing with a British accent further obscured everything.  However, as I continued to listen, though still really SHOCKED at the quality of her vocals, it IS clearly her voice.  And I already know that Gaga has huge vocal and musical talent, but this just floored me.

After rewatching multiple times, I also failed to appreciate her charisma, stage presence, and her stage knowledge in terms of commanding the audience, placement and spatial awareness.

This is a performance for the ages.  Gaga scalped me back and forth, up and down, I'm happy to say.  I'm so very, very joyous for Gaga that I can't sleep and I've never been so happy for her, I love it!!!

Beautifully said, your posts are like excerpts to a very descriptive novel. You seem to be a natural writer. :Adam:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

First of all, welcome back DA

Second, I had the exact same reaction!  I also felt I could pinpoint Gaga's voice anywhere, so when she sang the first notes, it didn't sound like her at all.  I was literally WTF, is she LIP SYNCHING?  This is career suicide!!!  She'll be crucified by the media.  How can she DO this to me (I took it very personally, LOL).

These vocals are a notch above her past performances and singing with a British accent further obscured everything.  However, as I continued to listen, though still really SHOCKED at the quality of her vocals, it IS clearly her voice.  And I already know that Gaga has huge vocal and musical talent, but this just floored me.

After rewatching multiple times, I also failed to appreciate her charisma, stage presence, and her stage knowledge in terms of commanding the audience, placement and spatial awareness.

This is a performance for the ages.  Gaga scalped me back and forth, up and down, I'm happy to say.  I'm so very, very joyous for Gaga that I can't sleep and I've never been so happy for her, I love it!!!

Thanks S   :fan: Couldn't agree with you more!  :pawsup:

Beautifully said, your posts are like excerpts to a very descriptive novel. You seem to be a natural writer.

Thank you! :love: Words are a vitality in the way I communicate with others, so why not make them interesting?  :ohwell:

Flawless post.

Not as flawless as you.  :kisses:

Archived