💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Alijandro

Just finished the second episode as far as non-spoilerish talk goes, this episode far more than any other deviates from the books in several ways, which is both annoying and compelling for those who have read them

EP 2 talk, spoilers inside

I get that the audience are intruiged by the white walkers, and making what happens to Crasters boys more clear is needed for the TV. Jon being attacked by Craster though is much mor of a deviation than i would have liked. Although this will extend his story a bit when they have to resolve that, which is good considering he is a fan favorite. Speaking of Jon its like a Skins reunion with Chris playing Gendry and Abby playing Gilly

Still not completely sold on the baby slaughter storyline either considering how much more airtime is was given.

Although all this sounds a bit negative, i do have faith that these stories will be as rewarding for the audience as those of Martin's, and i did enjoy the lack of 'predictability'

Highlight moments for me were the s-x scene between Stannis and Melissandre, Asha (or whatever they are calling her now), the head in the basket (was unexpected), Arya pushing Gendry around and of course more Tyrion and Cersei scenes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Alijandro

:flutter:

I would have waited to watch it, but I'll be at my parents' house this weekend, which doesn't get HBO.

Haha yeah the seies doesn't even premiere here for a couple of weeks so I am guilt free

Haha yeah the seies doesn't even premiere here for a couple of weeks so I am guilt free

Really? What a bummer!

By the way, does anyone think Osha will actually replace Meera and Jojen now? I didn't believe it when others said so, but when Osha said, "You've been having those wolf dreams again?" I kind of took it as a hint, but hoping it wasn't. :ohno:

Lion Heart

I'll watch Episode 2 this weekend when it airs on HBO. :coffee:

*SEASON 2 RATINGS

TV by the numbers has the … numbers! The initial airing garnered 3.9 million (3,858,000 to be precise), doubled its 18-49 demographic rating compared to series premiere with a 2.0, and was the most viewed programme on cable that night. This also means an increase of almost a million from last season’s finale. The next two airings on HBO later that night added 1.5m and 0.9m viewers, respectively. This gives a total of 6.3 million viewers for the night, not counting On Demand and HBO GO.

Close to that 4.0- this is a good sign :clap:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

HBO has said that the US will be the first country to get each episode, with foreign countries getting them afterwards. I think they also said more mistakes (like accidentally releasing episode 2 early) won't happen. Which is good. Because I saw the 2nd episode. And I have to wait like 12 days now. :cry:

I'm planning on watching it at some point this weekend so that A) I won't be bored at my parents' and B) I won't have to wait as long for the next one.

Just read the first Sansa chapter in CoK

I love how it played out in the book with Joffrey leaving Sansa alone with Tyrion.

"I am loyal to my king Joffrey."

"No doubt. As loyal as a deer surrounded by wolves."

"Lions" she whispered

"I am only a little lion, child, and I vow, I shall not savage you."

Loved those lines in that part.

Wish they could have played it out like that in the show , but sacrifices need to be made for time purposes, I suppose.

Tyrion is too great to be considered a Lannister. :cry:

THG talk

Catching Fire was my favorite in the series. Catching Fire >>> Hunger Games >>>> Mockingjay imo. The thing with Mockingjay is that the pace sucks. The beginning half drags out so much, the 3rd quarter is good pace, and the 4th quarter of the book feels so rushed to end the series.

THG talk (I waited to respond until I finished Mockingjay):

I agree that Catching Fire was the best in the series. Although I'd follow it up with Mockingjay just because it was also focused on 'bringing down the man' so to speak. But I completely feel what you mean about the ending being so rushed. I was kinda confused by the end thinking, "So...she's crazy?" I wish they had left it with her being crazy, but adding the whole Peeta and children stuff just made it rushed. Major lack of character development also, tbh.

Lion Heart

Just read the first Sansa chapter in CoK

I love how it played out in the book with Joffrey leaving Sansa alone with Tyrion.

"I am loyal to my king Joffrey."

"No doubt. As loyal as a deer surrounded by wolves."

"Lions" she whispered

"I am only a little lion, child, and I vow, I shall not savage you."

Loved those lines in that part.

Wish they could have played it out like that in the show , but sacrifices need to be made for time purposes, I suppose.

Tyrion is too great to be considered a Lannister. :cry:

Ah- I remember that scene. I just hope that HBO keeps the hilarious Tyrion and Cersei conversation they have near the beginning of the book.

Some of these Lannisters change as the series progresses tbqh.You're in for some surprises. 6fa8bf9c.gif

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Married the Night

I am loving the 2nd book. Not far into it at all so far. Been super busy. But I fight SO hard not to come in here and post all the time. I can't wait until I am done so I can read freely!!!

Who is everyone's favorite characters?

I am loving the 2nd book. Not far into it at all so far. Been super busy. But I fight SO hard not to come in here and post all the time. I can't wait until I am done so I can read freely!!!

Who is everyone's favorite characters?

In the second book alone? Arya, Jaqen, and Jeor Mormont are probably my favorites just from this book alone. I don't really start like Davos and Brienne until the third/fourth books.

EDIT: This is also really random, but I love Greatjon Umber. He's just full of comic relief.

Edited by Roma

• Lion Heart locked this topic