💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Final Fantasy

Knife

Featured Posts

FFXSoul91

I read some of the translations and it sounds absolutely insane. It reads like awful fanfiction.

I know. I mean i thought the audio drama was bad, but at least it wasn't as absurd as

Tidus getting his head blown off by a blitzball bomb and Yuna having to perform ritualistic s-x...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to play FF on my mac for the first time, any suggestions on what to play first? :)

I don't think there are any Final Fantasy games that are available for the Mac [PC]. :ohno:

Final Fantasy VII (7) & Final Fantasy VIII (8) were both released to Steam exclusively for Windows users and are the only non-MMORPG Final Fantasy games currently available on a PC. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (MMORPG) requires Windows emulation software on a Mac in order to work.

Which game(s) were you interested in playing?

I don't think there are any Final Fantasy games that are available for the Mac [PC]. :ohno:

Final Fantasy VII (7) & Final Fantasy VIII (8) were both released to Steam exclusively for Windows users and are the only non-MMORPG Final Fantasy games currently available on a PC. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (MMORPG) requires Windows emulation software on a Mac in order to work.

Which game(s) were you interested in playing?

I don't know since the only FF game I played so far was FF Tactics: War of the Lions (which I LOVE and replayed over many times).

Just researched a bit and you're right, no FF for Mac... 

:(

I don't know since the only FF game I played so far was FF Tactics: War of the Lions (which I LOVE and replayed over many times).

A console might be the best choice if you're looking to play some of the older Final Fantasy games.

The PS3 has almost all the classic Final Fantasy games in the digital store.

Seeka

You could always play roms and emulators~ though I am not sure if those work on Mac.

The FF Tactics series, I believe is rather different from the other Final fantasies, and the entire tactics series is considered a side series. If I remember correctly, it is grid based and turn based, which only happens in the Ivalice Alliance series (the fanon/almost canon name of the series which Tactics, all of its sequels and many side games related to it). So i believe you would be in more the Disgaea games or Fire Emblem, or other grid tactics games, if your main things is the battle system and it's playability.

Also, the Tactics storyline is very f*ucked up, from what I remember correctly, due to timey wimey balls and everything. Despite being Final Fantasy, and including many Final Fantasy characters and references, it is considered an entirely separate series, like Crystal Chronicles, and is entirely possible for someone to be into the main series and never have heard of it.

So I can't really suggest any games besides the rest of the Ivalice Alliance.

However, if you believe you can survive the transition to a different battle system, I would willingly suggest any FF, except for a few.

I would only play Final fantasy 7 just for experience. I find it criminally overrated, with most of the events being ruined already because everyone knows what has happened.

Other than that, I think you can start anywhere, except for maybe 8. It was very weird in ability and battle system. However, if youre up to the challenge, 8 is a good place to start.

I don't suggest 13. It is just a playable movie. I can offer help, however, on boss fights. Particularly the really annoying boss fight in Vanille and Fang's village because really, the Prima Vista strategy guide for the boss fight sucks ass.

If you're into the look of Final Fantasy Tactics, you might also like Final Fantasy XII, which takes place in the same world (Ivalice).

Final Fantasy VI is a really great game if you don't mind the outdated 2D graphics. It has an amazing cast of characters, music, and world.

They were obviously too busy secretly making X-3.

Do you think people would want that though?

FFXSoul91

Do you think people would want that though?

Not sure... But Kazushige Nojima seems to think so and it's all but confirmed now with the audio drama after X|X-2 HD and the X-2.5 novella.

And the remaster did also outsell Lightning Returns in Japan, not that this proves anything... But it does suggest that, if they have to make another sequel, X-3 is a better candidate than XIII-4.  :P 

Not sure... But Kazushige Nojima seems to think so and it's all but confirmed now with the audio drama after X|X-2 HD and the X-2.5 novella.

And the remaster did also outsell Lightning Returns in Japan, not that this proves anything... But it does suggest that, if they have to make another sequel, X-3 is a better candidate than XIII-4.  :P

I want the HD remake soooo bad!

RAYA.core

:pawsup:tumblr_myt50g9crn1toen7no1_250.gif

IM READY

2q32bex.jpg

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

f22966f70e31307c98ca44dea8b5ed1f2e31cb2c

Free login weekend for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players who have an inactive account. - Details

:pawsup:tumblr_myt50g9crn1toen7no1_250.gif
IM READY

2q32bex.jpg

Rikku's awesome, but the unnecessary close-up of her butt in that scene is.. :awkney:

http://youtu.be/HM5FThAsgBg

This scene from Final Fantasy X gives me goosebumps every time. :emo:

Archived