Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

n0ne

star-trek-2-into-darkness-poster.jpg

9.5/10

Everything J.J. Abrams does is gold. Everything was spectacular but the acting and special effects/action sequences should receive special praise.

Edited by lilmonster93
"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

The Great Gatsby 9/10

I loved the book and when I love the book then I always hate the movie. But Baz Luhramm did that outstanding thing of keeping the essence of the book into the movie when so many keep the events and lose the essence.

The best thing was the music, I was scared but it made perfect sense. First thing, it kept the movie feeling extremely fresh and kept it in the fantastic side that the visual had rather than with a more historical, realistic view if he had put jazzy 20s music. And second of all, jazz was pretty new in the 20s, especially in upper class and that's why the book was so ahead of its time. Baz kept that great feeling you would have had in the 20s when you would have read that the parties were thrown to jazz music, a real shock and feel of decadence.

Which bring me to the decadent aspect, I actually didn't envision it so crazy and "s-xual" when I read the book. I would have to pay more attention but I didn't see the "party" in the apartment with Myrtle and her sister so decadent for example, that really threw me off.

I saw it with french voice double so I can't really judge the acting but Tobey Maguire looked a little out of place. While I never felt the other characters as actors playing, I kinda had that feel with him, I saw Tobey and not really Nick Carraway. Which brings me to Leonardo who was outstanding. For an actor with a face so famous, he totally made me forget it was him... he was Gatsby.

Kudos to Elizabeth Debicki as well, that was exactly how I envisionned Jordan Baker, who was already my favorite character in the book. Her acting was astounding, her way of moving was spot on, her facial boredom and high beauty was very impressive.

And I can't even begin to talk about the fashion, the make up, the hair and the hats and hairpieces... It was just so good, the 20s were a turning point in fashion and they definitely brought that aspect to life as well. Which is amazing cause the best thing about the book is its portrayal of the 20s.

Ouh and another great thing, I love that Baz kept the same rythm as the book, that slow, building up, contemplating aspect for the first half and then everything happens extremely quickly once they go to New York with the two cars.

You can tell it was made by a fan of the book in a very respectful and truthfull way. A real masterpiece!

Alii

The Sound Of Music 4/4 

The Ten Commandments 4/4

Gone With The Wind 4/4

King Kong 4/4

The Great Gatsby 3/4

n0ne

Now_You_See_Me_Poster.jpg

Now You See Me - 9.5/10

I don't know wrote the screenplay/script but they need to win awards for Best Original Screenplay. If you love elaborate action films i.e. The Next Three Days and Eagle Eye than you'll love this. The story and action sequencing/special effects take the spotlight in this film

Also, Idk if it's just me but Jesse Eisenberg exudes a s-xiness and attractiveness, not common for him. Facial hair works for him lol

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Giorno Giovanna

9/10

Inception meets anime but with a twist, different but really really good if you're into movies about dreams and psychology

paprika-poster.jpg

Edited by ToughHooker
このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

9/10

Inception meets anime but with a twist, different but really really good if you're into movies about dreams and psychology

web-paprika.jpg

have you seen paranoia agent? it's a 13 episode series by the same guy. it's very good.

Giorno Giovanna

I've heard about it after watching Paprika :)

I'll definitely give it a try

have you seen paranoia agent? it's a 13 episode series by the same guy. it's very good.

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Lion Heart

215px-Kids_film.jpg

Kids (1995) 

Rating: 9/10

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Sister

215px-Kids_film.jpg

Kids (1995) 

Rating: 9/10

I liked Kids, I'd probably give it the same rating.

I've recently watched:

220px-All_Good_Things_poster.jpg

I liked it a lot, it was interesting and pretty to look at, quirky enough and had intrigue. I am a fan of Kirsten Dunst anyway.

9/10

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

n0ne

Monte Carlo - 7.5/10

A pretty entertaining teen romantic comedy, nothing special but not a disaster. The performances were really good.

Lion Heart

kenpark.jpg

Ken Park

Rating: 7/10 

I mean, I liked the film- the story lines are all completely ****ed up, but it's almost comical in a way. I'm not sure wtf I just watched. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

n0ne

Behind_the_Candelabra_poster.jpg

8.5/10

I was interested in this film but not nearly hyped about it as the media and GP was but it definitely exceeded my expectations. I didn't know much about Liberace (does that make me a bad gay? lol) but I found the film pretty wonderful. The direction/cinematography were amazing and the performances were phenomenal; Michael Douglas was delightful but props got to Matt Damon, he was on point and it's a shame I recently realized how hot and talented he is. Plus Rob Lowe was hilar, especially his facial expressions.

I see Emmy's and Golden Globes written all over this.

Alannah

Behind_the_Candelabra_poster.jpg

8.5/10

I was interested in this film but not nearly hyped about it as the media and GP was but it definitely exceeded my expectations. I didn't know much about Liberace (does that make me a bad gay? lol) but I found the film pretty wonderful. The direction/cinematography were amazing and the performances were phenomenal; Michael Douglas was delightful but props got to Matt Damon, he was on point and it's a shame I recently realized how hot and talented he is. Plus Rob Lowe was hilar, especially his facial expressions.

I see Emmy's and Golden Globes written all over this.

I still can't get over Michael Douglas' performance! I think the film was casted beautifully, despite my skeptical feelings in the beginning towards Matt Damon. It almost reminded me of Boogie Nights in some aspects (the decay of Scott, his addiction to c-----e, etc.), but that's a completely different story.  :P

8/10 from me.

:golfclap:

n0ne

Now that you mentioned it, I do see the similarities to Boogie Nights.

I still can't get over Michael Douglas' performance! I think the film was casted beautifully, despite my skeptical feelings in the beginning towards Matt Damon. It almost reminded me of Boogie Nights in some aspects (the decay of Scott, his addiction to c-----e, etc.), but that's a completely different story.  :P

8/10 from me.
:golfclap:

End_of_Watch_Poster.jpg

9.5/10

I'm blown away. The performances were spectacular i.e. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena and the action/story was enticing and gritty; it just reaffirmed why Jake is one of my fav actors.  They went through months of in-person police runs and calls, and the dedication payed off; the chemistry between them was brilliant and their performances were ultra realistic.