Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and other '1989' phrases

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga should trademark "Born this Way" too, if she hasn't yet...just sayin'

She could've really capitalised on that trade mark since nearly everyone in the whole world says it now with t-shirts and merch :hor:

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Gianni Versace

Gaga should trademark "Born this Way" too, if she hasn't yet...just sayin'

or at least "Mary Jane Holand," "I live for the Appluse," "ARTPOP," "Suddenly the Koons is me," "Fame Monster" :lmao:

CaliLilMonster

Gaga should trademark "This beat is sick".  :thetea:

I really tried to like Taylor Swift but everything she does just annoys me. This doesn't help. Like wtf trademarking lyrics when they're not even popular?  :bye:

Lyrics should be owned if you wrote them though? If you're making a profit off of someone elses work, that shouldn't be allowed. Thats why I think this is okay. When you go to a fair or boardwalk and they have fake plastered shirts everywhere that say "BORN THIS WAY", "SHAKE IT OFF", "WAKE UP FLAWLESS", exc. you're using a celebrity to make a profit which shouldn't be allowed. 

I get where you're coming from, but it is just to impractical.

I mean, couldn't I really sell a shirt/hat/poster saying "Shake it Off"? What about "Bang Bang" or any other phrase, lol. Just imagine the limitations if this were to be followed. I would proclaim a songwriter myself and trademark everything I can.  :giggle:

Hell, not even "Born This Way" or "ARTPOP" are truly Gaga's.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's much of an issue to make a profit of it, and it's a bit dumb for Taylor to trademark these phrases.

Gianni Versace

Gaga should trademark "This beat is sick".  :thetea:

I really tried to like Taylor Swift but everything she does just annoys me. This doesn't help. Like wtf trademarking lyrics when they're not even popular?  :bye:

:lmao:

mr.peter

"party like its 1989" is basically a play off of Prince's "1999" Lyrics "tonight were gonna party like its 1999..." so basically she's trademarking something she got from somewhere else which is kinda messed up  :spin:

I get where you're coming from, but it is just to impractical.

I mean, couldn't I really sell a shirt/hat/poster saying "Shake it Off"? What about "Bang Bang" or any other phrase, lol. Just imagine the limitations if this were to be followed. I would proclaim a songwriter myself and trademark everything I can.  :giggle:

Hell, not even "Born This Way" or "ARTPOP" are truly Gaga's.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's much of an issue to make a profit of it, and it's a bit dumb for Taylor to trademark these phrases.

Yeah I understand what you're saying.

Gianni Versace

Wondering why Gaga still hasn't trademarked "I'm a free b---h!"

Because that would go against Gaga's whole message. 

God this makes me love Gaga so much more. :wub:

Gaga doesn't care about money or sales or commercial success nearly as much as cultural impact. She wants people to spread these words and LIVE it. 

Too bad she can't trademark her men *eyeroll*

OMFG :AIR:

Jenniferella

She's ridiculously full of herself. In other words, the sky is blue

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

devoured-heart

Because that would go against Gaga's whole message.

God this makes me love Gaga so much more. :wub:

Gaga doesn't care about money or sales or commercial success nearly as much as cultural impact. She wants people to spread these words and LIVE it.

OMFG :AIR:

That's fine, I mean I guess we can just wait for Taylor to beat her to the punch. :air:

Archived