đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and other '1989' phrases

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Good. People shouldn't be allowed to create fake unofficial merchandise and make money off of her lyrics anyways.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterJay

Honestly, this is so stupid. Can't tell if some people really thing is a good idea.

I agree

I like taylor alittle but this is a idiotic move she's making

Gianni Versace

Good. People shouldn't be allowed to create fake unofficial merchandise and make money off of her lyrics anyways.

I agree that fake merch is crap but doesn't this mean she can sue someone even if a character says this in a show script? 

FATCAT

Honestly, this is so stupid. Can't tell if some people really thing is a good idea.

I know right? Some people are saying that its "a good thing" but honestly its just a dick move. Not to mention, she can't get ANY unofficial promotion now, and it really makes for a huge mess. She's just money hungry, is all.

Purr more, hiss less.

I disagree completely. Lyrics shouldn't be owned by anyone. In some cases, certain phrases are attributed to another concept. Think Lady Gaga with "disco stick" or "meat dress", or even "Born This Way". But that doesn't mean others cannot use them, either for profit or not.

With that mindset, quite a lot of songs "shouldn't be allowed" to be written...

FATCAT

"This sick beat" is hardly original. If Gaga trademarked "Mary Jane Holland" I could see it, but not "this sick eat."

Purr more, hiss less.

I agree that fake merch is crap but doesn't this mean she can sue someone even if a character says this in a show script? 

I agree with that for sure, that would be unfair.

I just think all the fake shirts sold outside venues, fake merchandise sold online from posters to mugs to blankets to sweatshirts to shirts, it goes on and on. All artist should have the right to sue off of that. The sellers are profiting large off of those items when the money doesn't even belong to them.

I disagree completely. Lyrics shouldn't be owned by anyone. In some cases, certain phrases are attributed to another concept. Think Lady Gaga with "disco stick" or "meat dress", or even "Born This Way". But that doesn't mean others cannot use them, either for profit or not.

With that mindset, quite a lot of songs "shouldn't be allowed" to be written...

Lyrics should be owned if you wrote them though? If you're making a profit off of someone elses work, that shouldn't be allowed. Thats why I think this is okay. When you go to a fair or boardwalk and they have fake plastered shirts everywhere that say "BORN THIS WAY", "SHAKE IT OFF", "WAKE UP FLAWLESS", exc. you're using a celebrity to make a profit which shouldn't be allowed. 

Gianni Versace

I know right? Some people are saying that its "a good thing" but honestly its just a **** move. Not to mention, she can't get ANY unofficial promotion now, and it really makes for a huge mess. She's just money hungry, is all.

It's so weird because I could never see Taylor as the type to be such a money hungry person given how much she does for her fans and how generous she seems. It could all be a facade though.

This is starting to make the allegations of her being a "wolf in sheep's clothing" a little more believable. :gum:

Battle 4 Ur Life

Gaga should trademark "Born this Way" too, if she hasn't yet...just sayin'

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

I really want a "Nice to Meet You, Where You Been?" t-shirt now, it would slay  :spin:

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Archived