• Applause
    • The Edge of Glory
    • Buy Bionic on Google Play now!

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Applause sounds like an opening track, so I voted for The Edge of Glory. They are both timeless musical masterpieces though. :legend:

Applause sounds like an opening track, so I voted for The Edge of Glory. They are both timeless musical masterpieces though. :legend:

But... But how can you crash the critic before even hearing the album ? :duck:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Cody Draco

But... But how can you crash the critic before even hearing the album ? :duck:

Applause sounds like an arrival to me, not an exit.

I think Applause is a better song....but I think The Edge of Glory does a better job closing the album. If you ask me....Gypsy would have been a good closer for ARTPOP and Applause should have opened the record. 

Exactly this.

xoxo cupcakke

Applause leaves me wanting more and that's a good thing at times but a bad thing when every day of your life now rests upon Gaga will release Act II, Partynauseous, update the App, film the ArtRave, release the Terry doc, release the DWUW video, release her demos, do the space performance, etc  :toofloppy:

Bradley

The Edge Of Glory.

Applause symbolizes something meaningful as well, I mean that's how a party should end, with cheers and clapping, it's a beautiful and satisfying way to end the album.

But The Edge of Glory fits even better. The fact that the beat at the beginning symbolizes the heartbeat, it is still beating. Then, eventually it turns out to be one of the most glorious moments in our lives and at the end the bass slowly fades away, which represents the death and the stopping of our heartbeat. So The Edge Of Glory wins!

Anderson123

The Edge of Glory by faaaaar. The sax solo, the ending, everything. I could just see that song being used for a Gaga montage when she dies or something, like an inspirational video. I love that song.

Applause obviously sounds like another closer after Gypsy and makes sense that it's there, but I could see it being placed as track 4 or 5.

I can't imagine TEOG anywhere else but the last song on BTW.

Applause, while a good album closer, could have been anywhere in the tracklist.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

YeehawKylie

I voted TEOG perhaps because it's a more traditional closing song, the anthem...the ballad. I also think it perfectly represents what the previous songs were about on the album.

But, part of me wishes I had voted with Applause. I think it throws people off because it is one of, if not THE most energetic song on the album. I actually appreciate that though. ARTPOP really didn't follow any "pop" rules and placing Applause at the end enforces that. It could have easily opened the album, but closing it was better. We take this journey through ARTPOP and end with her crave for applause. I like that.

So, perhaps I should've voted Applause?

The Edge of Glory holds so much more meaning. The way it was written, what it's about, and the story it holds about Gaga seeing her grandfather in the hospital for the last time before he passed away. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it!

Archived