💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Which will sell more: C2C or ARTPOP

The Professor

76 members have voted

1. 1. C2C or ARTPOP will sell more by the end of 2016?

• C2C
    • ARTPOP

Featured Posts

its been out for almost 4 years though

ARTPOP is only moving like 400 copies a week in the US though, that's about 20k a year. Not anything noticeable..

By the way, ARTPOPs sales are at 2,7M.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Professor

ARTPOP is only moving like 400 copies a week in the US though, that's about 20k a year. Not anything noticeable..

By the way, ARTPOPs sales are at 2,7M.

Thats sold to retailers not to customers. Theres a thread in the charts section somewhere

Thats sold to retailers not to customers. Theres a thread in the charts section somewhere

Nowhere on that .pdf or anything else by IFPI is stated that it's sales to retailers. It simply says 'sales'. 

Whispering

But... Adele. 

Also older jazz fans buy records as opposed to streaming or illegally downloading

Adele had multiple #1 smash hits played across multiple radio formats- including Pop, Adult Contemporary, Rhythmic, and Alternative Rock. Her music was not a covers album, full of jazz standards from The Great American Songbook.

Silly comparison, tbh.

Computer

ARTPOP.  I guess C2C will have an "era" but I certainly won't be upset if it "flops."  It's a side project so I don't think it should be judged the same as a studio album.  Whatever it sells, I'll be happy.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

boomsheekie

lmao, it's going to be ARTPOP. and the C2C era is not going to have any steam. I honestly think nobody will care but he fanbase. I think she should have done a song or two with him, but an entire album? 

Whispering

Yes there is...and there are some misguided people in that thread that claim Mediatraffic is some kind of official source. It is not.

Official numbers come from IFPI and those numbers are what professional organizations, such as Billboard, use.

Newsflash...ATRL is NOT a professional music organization or resource! ;)

ARTPOP's official sales were at 2.3 worldwide in 2013 alone. I can't see an album full of jazz standards coming close to that. (especially since it will only have two artists on it versus the multiple artists on the Duets albums of the past)

Please report an official and reliable source that labels that figure as shipments and not sales. Thank you.

monsterdreams

It will be ARTPOP

But that doesn't mean ARTPOP is better

We will have to see :lana:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

The Professor

Adele had multiple #1 smash hits played across multiple radio formats- including Pop, Adult Contemporary, Rhythmic, and Alternative Rock. Her music was not a covers album, full of jazz standards from The Great American Songbook.

Silly comparison, tbh.

Im not claiming it will sell 23 million, but rather a tenth of that. Your points are already factored in.

Please report an official and reliable source that labels that figure as shipments and not sales. Thank you.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/ reports 1.8 sold.

Wikipedia's source (IFPI) has 2.3 mill worldwide listed under "Sales/Shipments"

The disparity between the two numbers as well as 'shipments' header implies sold to retailers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARTPOP#Year-end_charts

• Mills locked this topic

Archived