💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

To end the Katy-Gaga talk on this forum...

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

I think that Gaga should stop making empty promises though.

ibyBto42Kgp1FC.gif

Maybe me too but we can't really change her. We must accept people we admire, love or believe in with their negatives. :yes: Everyone is unique.

Love this thread. :kisses:  Literally the same thing I told in one of my previous posts. 

The calming feeling that I am not alone...

I think that your last point is really spot on. Katy Perry's goal is chart-topping success while Gaga is aiming for artistry and innovation. Simply comparing sales gives Katy the advantage because she makes music that does well commercially. My bet though is that if you look back 20 years from now Gaga is going to be remembered as the icon, because people don't remember how well songs do on the charts, they just remember the artistry and the music. Also, I think Katy Perry's music will be extremely outdated since it's so trendy but Gaga's will age well.

aquaprincess

Damn u wrote a long ass essay.  :deadbanana:  But​ I agree with most of your points save for Beyonce maybe. I think she does cater to the GP to a certain extent. Or at least she used to. At this point in her career tho I don't think she cares anymore. and I don't know if I would necessarily say Britney created her image all by herself. I would say her label/team helped her create that and then she took the ball and ran with it. But I see what your saying tho. This whole comparing Katy to gaga thing on this forum is ridiculous. Its apples to oranges. 

And I like your avatar by the way. :)

pachinko

Do empty promises = lies?

"What artists do wrong is they lie. And I don't lie. I built goodwill with my fans. They know who I am." - Gaga in 60 minutes with Anderson Cooper on the Aristry of Fame.

Ronk

I think that your last point is really spot on. Katy Perry's goal is chart-topping success while Gaga is aiming for artistry and innovation. Simply comparing sales gives Katy the advantage because she makes music that does well commercially. My bet though is that if you look back 20 years from now Gaga is going to be remembered as the icon, because people don't remember how well songs do on the charts, they just remember the artistry and the music. Also, I think Katy Perry's music will be extremely outdated since it's so trendy but Gaga's will age well.

MTE.  Every word of this is exactly how I view the world.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Tropico

I agree with everything you said OP :applause:

If only this whole fanbase thought the way you did we wouldn't have so much fueds but alas.

I mostly agree with the fact that Katy is a manufactured pop star made for the moment to make hits while Gaga will be a legendary artist :)

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

LaLuna

Exactly :applause:

Or Katy is an artist like Gaga who just happens to have a different vision that happens to be received better by the public.

Normally I have little patience for the TL;DR crowd here, but you could really use a few more paragraph breaks in the OP.

Interlude

I really enjoyed reading what you wrote and I completely agree.  :yes:  :applause:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Miel

I enjoy Katy's music for the most part, but I agree to an extent. She definitely is big and is more connective to the public, but I do think Gaga is definitely on a different level.

Or Katy is an artist like Gaga who just happens to have a different vision that happens to be received better by the public.

In a sense, I feel this way, too. I think both are very commendable and respectable artists, just in a different manner. I mean, it's not in my jurisdiction to say whether or not Katy's goal is to be a chart-topper; maybe she just likes what the public likes, in traditional molds of a pop star?

I'm not saying she isn't under über-control from her management, or that she is being milked by the powers that be for the success she garners. Just, that she might just not. Maybe she just enjoys being what we consider the "safe" pop star, in contrast to Gaga who doesn't?

3 points in and ready for more

Archived