Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga inspired Promote Online Kindness Day Jan. 1

Interlude

Featured Posts

The intentions don't come across good though, people are just doing what Gaga is apparently expecting of them.. except these people are making it a project to show Gaga so she'll pay them attention.

If Gaga wants us to be spread positivity blah blah blah, become more strict on what is allowed on the site and lead by example, we shouldn't be competing to be "nice"

Radio ARTPOP was never for gaga's attention and neither is POKDAY. We specifically left Gaga out of the main message of the website and didn't include anything to do with Radio ARTPOP at all so that the message would reach more fandoms than this one. Right now its largest support is from Monsters but also Glee fans, specifically Chris Colfer fans. 

My name isn't Timmers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio ARTPOP was never for gaga's attention and neither is POKDAY. We specifically left Gaga out of the main message of the website and didn't include anything to do with Radio ARTPOP at all so that the message would reach more fandoms than this one. Right now its largest support is from Monsters but also Glee fans, specifically Chris Colfer fans. 

Making it project based certainly seems like you are though, you're expecting us to advertise your project with avatars and signatures? I still believe it would be better to lead by your expectations and get in contact with sites about the material they allow and how it is moderated.

It's hard to see anything positive coming from this as it's more based on advertisement and attention rather than any actual action.

Making it project based certainly seems like you are though, you're expecting us to advertise your project with avatars and signatures? I still believe it would be better to lead by your expectations and get in contact with sites about the material they allow and how it is moderated.

It's hard to see anything positive coming from this as it's more based on advertisement and attention rather than any actual action.

However, something like this might bring more awareness to the issue. People are always entitled to their views, but there is a difference between disliking something someone is doing and cyber bullying. However, you bring up good points. If this project is to garner attention, it should come up with a mission statement and stick by it as to direct any attention it gets to tackling an issue as broad as kindness over the internet which many are correct in saying it is an uphill battle.

However, MLK was going up a similar battle in his day against racism and so have those who have stood for change in the past. Should we just throw in the towel and call it hopeless, just because the problem is so vast and difficult to solve? No. We need to have more resolve than that if we're really sick of the verbal abuse that goes on. Maybe this project and movement need adjustments, but the mission should remain the same. Not some fake politeness as some are suggesting, but more of mutual respect for persons whether famous or down to earth.

Everyone wants to be respected. Am I wrong? Who here is sick of the abuse towards you or someone you care about? Who is tired of coming to a place like this to escape life's woes and then having to put up with someone's nasty attitude? We all know life isn't fair. No one is talking about rainbows or pixie dust. We're talking about real, practical kindness and mutual respect. I'm sure even parents of many who go online would agree to such common sense.

People are free to have their opinions. On social media and forums, views from people who think for themselves are expected and wanted. However, bullying is the problem here. It goes along with what Gaga has been saying with Born This Way and the Foundation that compliments it, POK is just an extension of that philosophy. It even goes with the rhetoric Gaga has said before BTW in her Monster Ball shows.

However, this is something that is much bigger than one forum, one radio show, or one fan base. It's something many organizations, government programs, and people who've dealt with it from all walks of life are trying to change. If we don't speak up about what goes on, someone else will in due time. There us so many of us. Why can't we say, 'No. We don't have to put up with it and want it to change."

I do think the social media sites have a lot to answer to, from what they've allowed to go in their sites. In the meantime, people who care about this issue should be able to galvanize together and do something about it.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

I'll explain the purpose of the site tonight on the show. I'm too short on time to say as much as I'd like right now.

My name isn't Timmers

Joaco95

You're the one yelling "mess" and that's unnecessary.

At least they're trying to start something? I don't see the point of bashing something with good intentions, well structured or not.

Okay, I feel this is a mess. I'm not trying to start something, but I think this all kindness online it's a bull****. People are not going to change, it's better if we start to ignore al those kind of comments and all. For me, this is a riducule idea.

Archived