Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Venus" #1 in 55 countries (iTunes)

Wendell

Featured Posts

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfNicole

I mean not for anything, but it really matters where the song is at the end of like Wednesday, of course it's going to be #1 everywhere because it's a new a Lady Gaga song that everyone wants to hear, especially in the UK after the X-Factor performance. This is why it annoyed me she made DWUW the single because of its success on the charts, look at it now, may not even be in the Top 30 by the end of the week. 

Yeah but DWUW has strong radio potential and was recieved very well by fans. non-fans, and critiics alike. I doubt they made it the single just because it charted well, they know more goes into it than that. Venus on the other hand (in my opinion) would've worked well as a single because it's just a bit too odd for the GP. Also it's great that it's #1 but that's likely just because of all the pre-orders which is great, but I don't think it's anything to brag about in terms of the song.

Desperado

but i think the pre-orders are doing its job tho, if the song stays at #1 for a day or more, its the people buying it :) 

Yes it's slaying but it has had more pre-orders and guys, it's a GREAT song, but I really don't think it would do well on radio

Glad Slay What You Slay is the single :party: Venus still slays regardless :party:

HausOfNicole

And they changed the single  :dead:  Venus would have done fine

It's the pre-order boost, I honestly don't think it'll stay as long as DWUW.

Stefani328

I mean not for anything, but it really matters where the song is at the end of like Wednesday, of course it's going to be #1 everywhere because it's a new a Lady Gaga song that everyone wants to hear, especially in the UK after the X-Factor performance. This is why it annoyed me she made DWUW the single because of its success on the charts, look at it now, may not even be in the Top 30 by the end of the week. 

Well most sales of DWUW were pre-orders and and that is also why Venus is going No.1 now. Same story, different song. Dope will probably do the same. Give Venus until Friday and it will probably have the same fate as DWUW  without any promotion in the U.S. Don't let the pre-orders fool you.

PaperIz

It's the pre-order boost, I honestly don't think it'll stay as long as DWUW.

Well the pre-order boost was the reason DWUW shot up as well  :shrug:

Archived