• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GrandchildDavid

yay for Applause getting dat recognition it deserves :legend:

most of my friends know about the song so :giggle:

stay mad trolls!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This has been said 100 times before but:

Many stations have been added since 2009, so this is not really accurate.

This is not to say I'm not happy for Applause's success, I really am! I think it's done incredibly, considering the factors it had to work against. Just bear this in mind.

REALLY?? if that is the case, then all TFM singles, BTW, are all inflated!! lol stop lying and stay mad!!

Allison M

this is so weird. it's coming for Bad Romance's weave. 

it doesn't really feel like it's as big as Poker Face or Bad Romance.

but whatever! Go APPLAUSEEEE!! :party:

Affinity4PoP

So, I was not going to reply to this topic, because, well, I'm on my mobile, but then I read comments and I was like, YES, I have to respond. Listen: POKER FACE is unique and fun and awesome. It won us from beginning to now; the reason I like APPLAUSE and listen to it now is because the production is intriguing; it has details not found in other pop songs, much like Poker Face. Not to mention, the lyrics take a huge risk as far being simple and able to relate too. I love dancing to some Kesha and Britney but when a pop song comes along that makes me question it and then makes me go... Heck yeah, I know it's more. Applause is universal in the sense that we all seek approval and admiration; in a way, it's a liaison between BORN THIS WAY and ARTPOP because it is kinda saying do you know matter the critics and live for the love that comes after being you. I think this song was a risk and fun and well produced.

Princess Die

neither was anything lorde has said in interview for the past month but we still post those

Bless this post. :Lolgaga:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Haroon

I think some people are getting angry about it because they can't stand that it's higher on the radio than Poker Face or Just Dance etc which were Gaga's first hits. Like how people like to hold onto the past and hate it when anyone insults/beats it. Yes Poker Face and Just Dance and all of her other songs are great, but Applause in this moment has done better, regardless of the number of radio stations or whatever.

The numbers don't lie, so please don't split hairs and rain on her parade, let's all be happy in this happy moment :hug::pawsup:

Archived