💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Huffpost Live to discuss Gaga/Burqa at 1:00 pm est

shane_c

Featured Posts

She just said Gaga fans are racist..  :sick:

These people obviously know very little about this song, and even less about Gaga and the fan base.

wtf

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I firmly believe it has been Gaga's own decision to stay quiet all along since the song was leaked to let everyone form their opinion and initiate discussion over whether it's right or wrong, only to come forward eventually and explain the meaning of these lyrics herself.

I'm hot there for the Huffington Post or anything they have to say.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Dayman

I don't really care for what HuffingtonPost has to say. They are just a load of pretentious hipsters. It seems that some people seem to have missed the point of the lyrics. Most haven't surprisingly. But some have. 

MahoganySnitch

I'm gonna sue Lana Del Rey for singing about blue jeans, blue jeans are sacred in my religion I just made up and it hurts my feelings :laughga:

Except people aren't called terrorists or assaulted simply for wearing blue jeans.

Case in point: while waiting in the Wal-Mart pharmacy line, a woman wearing a hijab walked by and this white couple in front of me scowled and wondered why she was wearing it (mind you, this was the day prior to Fourth of July). And this is relatively mild compared to most muslim-bashing.

I love Gaga as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I can't call her out. When Gaga wears a burqa, it's "edgy" and "revolutionary" yet when an actual Muslim woman wears it she's called every name in the book and eventually shut out. I love her, but I wish this wasn't a thing. 

They needed that woman academic that was positive about the song and said bring it! on the panel then it wouldn't have been so boring. It was too one sided. I loved that the comments were on Gaga's side though, thats what matters.

I can't wait for the final version of the song, and I hope theres a video. I hope the final version is good and its a single. I want to see more discussions like this but livelier with different viewpoints.

BigDreamer

The segment was frustrating to listen to and watch.

Those who have such great understanding of their culture have such shallow understanding of Gaga and her message and her statement with the song. 

Do these women take ownership for the extremists who ultimately threatened her safety and forced her to cancel her tour over her as the person she was before this song before many social statements? As proud as you can be of your culture you should also see that just like Americans every culture has a side of them that is shameful as a whole and should just as equally be brought to light. Some of these women even address american culture as such with "Baggy pants" and "backwards ball caps"

I wish the panel would have been more diverse showing not only what these women see in the song but what it means to other people. 

jhonyguy04

so they called us racists. ok....

so the panel was just another bashing of gaga, nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3sFg8-1qTw

you wont get hitchens videos in one direction forums if you know what im sayin

Oh, Huffpost... 

I thought they were supposed to be serious journalists, but I guess sensationalism is their current motto. 

OK, I live in a muslim country where most of the women don't wear heascarves. But there is a group of women that were these colorful headscarves that cover all the hair, like this:

2013-armine-esarp-modelleri-19.jpg

This veil or burqa (we call it turban) came out 20 years ago, it's some sort of fashion that spread around conservative women. The real turkish headscarf is worn is villages like this:

dogal-pazarda-urunlerini-satan-koylu-kad

There are a lot of people here that are against women wearing burqas (1st pic) instead of not covering their hair, saying they're backwards, unnecessary and that it's not a real headscarf because you attract attention (there are some who wear tiight jeans with the scarf). I personally have no problem with burqas even though I'm not muslim, there are a lot of people in my family that despise them and think they should stay banned in government buildings. (they are btw) They're not against the traditional headscarf (pic 2), they're against the colorful modern burqa.

Whatever, I think Aura is actually a song that women who wear burqas should appreciate. If you're wearing colorful burqas, putting on makeup, wearing high heels, then you obviously still want people to know you're an independent woman, not a slave. Aura isn't making fun of muslim women, it's telling other people that's it's a choice, a different lifestyle and that a woman can be s-xy and religios at the same time.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived