question

What happened to the Chainsmokers?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

JohnWayne92
8 hours ago, TheSlash said:

I tend to exaggerate from time to time :lana:  :awkney: 

Hide contents

But I didn't lie when I said that for me TC is better than whole Chainsmokers' discography :lolly:  :queenga: 

I can easily say The Cure is better than anything The Chainsmokers has released, stan or not. IDGAF :ladyhaha: Its better than their whole discography for sure :trollga:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z

I never heard Despacito on the radio or anywhere, so I guess I'll never hear the Chainsmokers again:vegas:

I listen to Don't Let Me Down everyday though, it's a GREAT song

The Z
9 minutes ago, Ee Zin Teh said:

let's be honest, people only liked Halsey, not them.

Nobody really knows / likes her :ladyhaha:

Thomas P

I don’t care

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Original Diva
18 hours ago, Arturo said:

To be fair they've had 4 massive hits.
Closer
Don't Let Me Down w/ Daya
Paris
Something Just Like This w/ Coldplay

anyways. They've fizzled out. Their Sick Boy EP has only sold 106,000 units this year. The Fame sold 101,000 units this year for some perspective. They had a good year and a half of hits.

i only know two of those songs..

excuse me no

StrawberryBlond

I sometimes wonder if their different musical direction was a deliberate form of sabotage, like they wanted to flop for some reason. They must have known that this new style wouldn't have pulled in the same success, so why did they do it? I just find it weird when generic artists seem to go rogue. Did they just get sick of being generic and didn't care about lower sales, or is it something deeper? Personally, I think Everybody Hates Me was very revealing as regards issues within themselves. The whole concept is about being famous and now regretting it. The second verse is particularly affecting. The lines: "I just wanna drink tequila with my friends, they're the only reason that I still am who I am" and "I just wanna drink tequila with my friends, I'm so defeated, I just want this s**t to end" actually brought a tear to my eye.

Ronk
19 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

:what: I’m a woman?? :gum: Does that make me straight too???? :nooo:

Possibly maybe.  🙃

I live outside the space time continuum.

Ronk

I saw them among several artists at the Jingle Ball in Philadelphia in December.  They seemed to have quite a following at that concert.  If anyone is interested in how they appear live, my video of Chainsmokers is in this collection I made at the concert.

https://vimeo.com/channels/1325538

Btw, the concert was so much fun I'm looking forward to attending it annually.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived