đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"A Star Is Born" soundtrack

The Z

Featured Posts

The Z
4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

CTC is a Tony / Gaga album... It is not considered as LG5... 

Don't forget MR needed the SB to be a hit though... 

It's still a Gaga album, no need to be LG5, or LG6 in this case

Million Reasons was already known before, it topped US iTunes like 3/4 times before the Super Bowl, it just didn't have enough streams to chart well in the BBH100, it still sold Joanne A LOT

The Z
5 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

They wont be promoting the soundtrack. 

They will be promoting the movie and the music will be their tool.

What I'm trying to say is that she won't be out doing interviews talking about the music, she will be promiting the movie and just drop a line or two about it.

There might be a song they send to radio and upload on YT, but I dont think there will be actual singles.

In this case there would be no reason not to put LG6 out this year :oprah:

monketsharona
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

It's still a Gaga album, no need to be LG5, or LG6 in this case

Million Reasons was already known before, it topped US iTunes like 3/4 times before the Super Bowl, it just didn't have enough streams to chart well in the BBH100, it still sold Joanne A LOT

But MR didn't have amazing radio updates. I still remember Monsters trying hard on Shazam for radios to care :toofunny:  SB definitely helped to push it... That's why I don't see The Shallow doing that good on the radio...

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath for more than just having that music promoting the movie. That's what sountracks are made for...

The Z
Just now, monketsharona said:

But MR didn't have amazing radio updates. I still remember Monsters trying hard on Shazam for radios to care :toofunny:  SB definitely helped to push it... That's why I don't see The Shallow doing that good on the radio...

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath for more than just having that music promoting the movie. That's what sountracks are made for...

If they put it out, they will just want it to sell the album, not to be a super hit :)Just like Million Reasons, which was not planned to be a real single according to Gaga

But if you're right and that they'll not promote it, I don't get why LG6 couldn't be out this year...

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

But if you're right and that they'll not promote it, I don't get why LG6 couldn't be out this year...

Who said it won't ? Lady Gaga or the endlessly negative monsters ? 

In my opinion LG can release LG6 or at least starting the era before the residency. 

The Z
13 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Who said it won't ? Lady Gaga or the endlessly negative monsters ? 

In my opinion LG can release LG6 or at least starting the era before the residency. 

Every fan says that she can't release it this year cuz it will overshadow the soundtrack :oprah: But they also say that the soundtrack won't be promoted :oprah: So, what's the truth? What do they think? :oprah:

Gagadonna

56 minutes ago, Seashell Boy said:

It’ll be treated like what it is: a soundtrack for a motion picture, and it’ll probably be credited to “Various Artists”, with Gaga or Bradley’s names on the individual songs. 

It will probably be titled A Star Is Born (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), or words to that effect. 

Even if the various artists are only two?

Couldn't they just say Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper à la Cheek 2 Cheek? 

ShockPop
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

But still can you call an album a Lady Gaga album with some songs she's not singing on it ?

No, we call that a Britney album.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :classy:

Seashell Boy
21 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

Even if the various artists are only two?

Couldn't they just say Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper à la Cheek 2 Cheek? 

I mean, they absolutely could do that, but that’s not really how soundtracks tend to work. 

A good example is the Burlesque soundtrack. That was just Cher & Xtina and the tracks are credited individually but the album as a whole is credited as “Various Artists”.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see! :oops:

Archived