Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you wish Gaga's collaboration with Florence wasn't a miss?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

ordinarynam1310

I was expecting something more electrifying like some of Florence song so the collab really did not meet my expectations 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet Olive

It's different from what they've both done before, however it's a great song. It is. Gaga's voice is raspy and Florence's is like honey, they mingle so well. The only 'miss' i see is the absence of a music video or a live video, it didn't need to be a single. Just a little bit of recognition.

freebit

Um...to YOU (and to the wrong opinion of others) it is a miss, but it is actually excellent and one of the best tracks on Joanne. Since both have strong voices, I was actually afraid it was going to be a Divas Live vocal acrobatics mess. Also, the fact that a Florence and Gaga duet implied something baroque and dark, but we actually ended up with a breezy, bouncy, feminist, yet flirty tune that feels fun and practically effortless was a huge and pleasant surprise. It's the aural equivalent of being wine drunk on a summer night.

Suspiria

It had a nice message and the vocals were great, but the lyrics were very very poor (especially considering the level of poetry that Florence writes for her own albums), and the production sounded pretty cheap, which is a shame considering the rest of Joanne's production was superb.

I definitely agree with whoever said Angel Down is more what they were expecting from this colab. It's nice that they had fun doing this, but ultimately I was expected something much richer, more sophisticated and well written than what we got...

Bloodyjack

Hey girl is an absolute bop that's been a big hit with fans. It seems the LMs are the only ones being bitter as per usual

huttont

I really like the song but it wasn’t what’s I expected. I really wanted to hear them on a song like What Kind of Man, All This and Heaven Too, or Seven Devils.

Gaga would rock a song like What Kind of Man

Katsuki Bakugo

I don’t know how people can like that “song”. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Sepsami

I remember playing it with my friends when joanne was newly released and Hey Girl was their fav so :lolly:

dit

Hey Girl was a highlight for me on Joanne actually. It wasn't what I expected from them and I wish they work on a more Florence esque type of song together some day but I really enjoyed Hey Girl.

LeJudas

It's such a great, beautiful song

It just needs more attention and promotion

It doesn't deserve to be ignored.

gagarox

its a great track... but they should have aimed for a bigger collab that could be a radio fodder and a symbol of peace feminism and unity. I have kinda moved on from the Joanne era and yall should do... 

Sweet Olive

I think radios would have appreciated Hey Girl and its chill vibe.

Also it kinda fits with all the recent feminist campaigns, so I really hoped to see Gaga and Flo performing it like at the Grammys or something.

Monsterish

It was a miss :toofunny: The title is unoriginal and the lyrics are cringey :sweat: The only good thing about the song is the soft-funk & vaporwave instrumental.

Ziggy
8 hours ago, alejandro24 said:

its a great track... but they should have aimed for a bigger collab that could be a radio fodder and a symbol of peace feminism and unity. I have kinda moved on from the Joanne era and yall should do... 

But Florence isn’t very radio, keep in mind, so then not going that route isn’t very surprising. I think Gaga, in general, likes to meet her collaborators on their level rather than have them go to hers because for next to any collar she makes she’s probably going to be the most versatile of the two people. Beyoncé has her schtick, Florence has her schtick, Gaga really doesn’t. She’s become known for her versatility and ability to assimilate into roles and identities musically.

Archived