other

Shania Twain Supports D. Trump

Hades

Featured Posts

hoebitch11
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

she should at least know enough to know what she said isn't even true

"i would have voted for trump because he's honest"

???? she clearly has no idea what she's even talking about so why did she bother

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

Actually, we have no idea what she's talking about.

You're assuming she's dumb (or not informed) because... ...

She is clearly speaking about his audacity. That is indeed, something that he has, whether we value it or not, whether we value what he communicates with that audacity, he's got it.

There is not enough context here, and each of us will choose to believe what we want. However, some of us will choose more rationally than others.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yourfaves
23 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

She is so obviously pro-LGBT. Just because some people are incapable of organizing information intelligently doesn't mean she should communicate like she's a binary computer.

These are visual words, without her facial expressions, hand mannerisms or vocal tonality.

Heck, I could have voted for Donald Trump if I was going based off of knowing only some things about him back then. Anybody could have. I'm not making an argument for her being smart or well-informed, nobody is. I'm just letting y'all know that you're...

:awkney:

So you would have voted for a *** grabber who mocked the handicapped, said he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave. and shoot someone and that he wouldn't lose any votes, with Mike Pence, homophobe extraordinaire, as his running mate?

"I'm not making an argument for her being smart or well-informed, nobody is. I'm just letting y'all know that you're :awkney:"

We're being a little "extreme" over expecting citizens to be informed on the issues so they can complete their civic duty responsibly?

Some people are just not informed and that's supposed to be okay?

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

Actually, we have no idea what she's talking about.

You're assuming she's dumb (or not informed) because... ...

She is clearly speaking about his audacity. That is indeed, something that he has, whether we value it or not, whether we value what he communicates with that audacity, he's got it.

There is not enough context here, and each of us will choose to believe what we want. However, some of us will choose more rationally than others.

she's talking who she would have voted for, it's not that deep lol

it doesn't matter if he has audacity, he was still the wrong choice for her reasoning which STILL doesn't make any sense no matter what context so like where are you even going with this?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

hoebitch11
7 minutes ago, yourfaves said:

So you would have voted for a *** grabber who mocked the handicapped, said he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave. and shoot someone and that he wouldn't lose any votes, with Mike Pence, homophobe extraordinaire, as his running mate?

"I'm not making an argument for her being smart or well-informed, nobody is. I'm just letting y'all know that you're :awkney:"

We're being a little "extreme" over expecting citizens to be informed on the issues so they can complete their civic duty responsibly?

Some people are just not informed and that's supposed to be okay?

It's going to have to be okay... because most people are not informed. When they go out to vote, they haven't read every quote or seen footage of every rally.

If I had not known he was a "*** grabber" or an all-around mess, it's possible I could vote for him based on his presence, or whatever possibly positive qualities he may have.

Her quote is simple, especially in the context of everything else she has done or said. It's like, you want to read only one word from the sentence, of course it won't make sense, one word must be among many others to string together a sentence.

It's clearly a flippant comment, yes she is empathizing with those who may have voted for him, yes she said she would have voted for him. Yes, if there was visual and audio of this, the reaction would not be as intense.

4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

she's talking who she would have voted for, it's not that deep lol

it doesn't matter if he has audacity, he was still the wrong choice for her reasoning which STILL doesn't make any sense no matter what context so like where are you even going with this?

Her reasoning is that he is honest, honest, as in having the audacity to say what he says. It takes honesty to mock people, it takes honesty to be nice to people. Depending on who you are, being honest will reveal different parts of your character. The trajectory of this conversation has always been the same, y'all jumped the gun, and lack thoughtfulness. I'm just tellin.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, hoebitch11 said:

Her reasoning is that he is honest, honest, as in having the audacity to say what he says. It takes honesty to mock people, it takes honesty to be nice to people. Depending on who you are, being honest will reveal different parts of your character. The trajectory of this conversation has always been the same, y'all jumped the gun, and lack thoughtfulness. I'm just tellin.

that still doesn't make her reasoning okay when he didn't even turn out to be honest lol you aren't telling anything, just trying to look intelligent :shrug: 

hoebitch11
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

that still doesn't make her reasoning okay when he didn't even turn out to be honest lol you aren't telling anything, just trying to look intelligent :shrug: 

She's literally talking about a time before he was elected as president...

ryanripley
1 minute ago, hoebitch11 said:

She's literally talking about a time before he was elected as president...

as if that makes it any more valid? lol

Werk
Spoiler

Let's not forget that his reputation was kind of.....decent bitd so... :rip: 

hoebitch11
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

as if that makes it any more valid? lol

Yes. Donald Trump's audacity or honesty was very appealing to some people. Shania is telling us it was appealing to her. We do not know how informed she was or is about Donald Trump or any of the other candidates, she has commented specifically on his ability to break from the dry & stern approach that is perhaps common for political figures. Anything from the time before he was elected, is being perceived in a different context than what we know now. Context...

StarstruckIllusion
39 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

Sometimes... you do.

Not everybody is fully informed. She's not a US citizen, she was not going to be voting. Why should she know everything about Donald Trump? She's speaking about his campaign, which was not appealing either way. But, she understands how people could find value in his honest expression.

The argument we're having: Is Shania Twain a homophobic evil person who should be cancelled because I am interpreting what she has said 100% accurately, or... is there room for context and greater understanding which might reconcile the fact that she is obviously a decent human being capable of growth and sensitivity yet showing some degree of support for people who voted for Trump, regardless of their reasoning?

... and we know the answer.

and lose your ally status in the process. how can you be pro LGBT yet so stupid to give power to those who aren't, and openly support homophobia and put in place homophobic laws? I'm Canadian and know this too, so where's her excuse? I'm more pissed by her stupidity tbh. 

SKANK
25 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

While he may speak information which is not factual, he is not withholding much, which is a form of honesty.

If you are unable to speak information without telling lies, that isn't a form of honesty. That is a pathology.

This is a man who is not only lies as himself (having proof Obama wasn't born in America, seeing "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrate in NJ after the Twin Towers collapsed, receiving phone calls from the boy scouts and President of Mexico, the size of his inauguration crowd, and so on..,) but he also lies as alter-egos:

Here he is pretending to be a man named "John Barron," in order to lie about his net worth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/opinions-trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/ar-AAw67sW

Here he is pretending to be "John Miller," in order to lie about his prowess with women.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5720/audio-listen-donald-trump-pretend-be-his-own-hank-berrien

And we can't forget about "Daniel Dennison," the identity Trump had to assume when he paid off an adult film actress he was having an affair with directly after the birth of his son.

He admitted to lying to the Canadian Prime Minster a few months ago. He is a liar, he freely admits it himself. So why can't you?

hoebitch11
9 minutes ago, Wigless said:

and lose your ally status in the process. how can you be pro LGBT yet so stupid to give power to those who aren't, and openly support homophobia and put in place homophobic laws? I'm Canadian and know this too, so where's her excuse? I'm more pissed by her stupidity tbh. 

I didn't know that Mike Pence supported conversion therapy back then. I'm sure there are people who still don't know about it now.

Once again, not making an argument for whether she is informed or not. Simply pointing out that it's a small quote, which lacks context, and you all have jumped the gun and villainized her.

9 minutes ago, SKANK said:

If you are unable to speak information without telling lies, that isn't a form of honesty. That is a pathology.

This is a man who is not only lies as himself (having proof Obama wasn't born in America, seeing "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrate in NJ after the Twin Towers collapsed, receiving phone calls from the boy scouts and President of Mexico, the size of his inauguration crowd, and so on..,) but he also lies as alter-egos:

Here he is pretending to be a man named "John Barron," in order to lie about his net worth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/opinions-trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/ar-AAw67sW

Here he is pretending to be "John Miller," in order to lie about his prowess with women.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5720/audio-listen-donald-trump-pretend-be-his-own-hank-berrien

And we can't forget about "Daniel Dennison," the identity Trump had to assume when he paid off an adult film actress he was having an affair with directly after the birth of his son.

He admitted to lying to the Canadian Prime Minster a few months ago. He is a liar, he freely admits it himself. So why can't you?

Gerl. The reason he admits that he is a liar is because he is honest...

The reason his lies are caught, is because he is honest, he gives it away because he is a bad bluffer.

The honesty she is speaking about is his audacity to say what he thinks or feels, which for some people, at one point, represented a shred of truth and individuality among what they thought was a sea of lies and distortions.

Pop Music

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Quasi

Please don't scare us like that again Shania.

giphy.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

SKANK
6 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

The reason his lies are caught, is because he is honest, he gives it away because he is a bad bluffer.

The honesty she is speaking about is his audacity to say what he thinks or feels, which for some people, at one point, represented a shred of truth and individuality among what they thought was a sea of lies and distortions.

“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’” Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio of the private event in Missouri. “Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in—‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.”

“. . . So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. . . . I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. . . . And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’”

“‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit, but that doesn’t include energy and timber. . . . And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.’ It’s incredible.”

If Trump is intentionally saying things which he knows to be untrue, he is not communicating in an honest way, no matter how you define honest.

Archived