Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Gaga accused Of transphobia In Her New Tweet

Saade Baena

Featured Posts

lost in limbo
8 minutes ago, rojo said:

Feminists are the worst

you're on a forum of a woman who calls herself a feminist, are you feeling fine?

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dayman

Nobody is accusing her of being legitimately transphobic. But there are people that try to tell transwomen they aren't real women because they weren't born with a literal vagina and womb - so understand why the phrasing and word choices Gaga made could be hurtful to some. That's all that needs to be said on the matter from me.

Clarence

they might need some surgery on that arm after they dislocated it from that reach :triggered:

blackthorns
2 minutes ago, rojo said:

Feminists are the worst

hating feminists is so 2015. most of us don't nitpick crap, and at its heart feminism is just base human equality. the definition is the belief that men and women are equal-that's far from some radical statement. 

plus lady gaga is a feminist so maybe this website isn't for you hun

56 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

International women's day and not international trans women's day.

trans women are women. trans is an adjective stating what kind of woman they are. its like saying a tall woman, short woman, curvy woman, funny woman, smart woman, etc. if you replace trans in your sentence with any other adjective it sounds rather silly- "international women's day and not international short women's day". If you want a good resource for more info, here is a link to a really good video by Stef Sanjati. 

-----------

I don't think its transphobic, but it does error on the side of trans exclusionary. THAT BEING SAID any logical person can tell she meant no harm by it, so peoples reactions are really terrible. I think a lot of times more liberally minded people forget that not everyone knows these things, and can easily push away really strong ally's/make them feel bad when they didn't know what they did wrong. OBVIOUSLY Gaga is a trans ally, so the attitude of people on twitter is really disappointing. That being said, people educating nicely is something I support. I wish more comments where like "hey you didn't mean any harm, but implying all women have wombs is potentially hurtful to our trans sisters" rather than "I cant believe you're a transphobe you suck".

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

jezze0410
29 minutes ago, Haiii said:

Think about it for a second. Just a wee second.

"We are the womb".

You can't possibly take that sentence literally, its a fecking metaphor people. :saladga: She doesn't mean that only individuals with wombs/uteri are women. She's not even trying to exclude a class with that sentence (transwomen, who are women as far as I'm concerned). In fact its not even an exclusionary remark, its the exact opposite: she's actually trying to be inclusive:triggered: 

^^^^ This.

I doubt she intended to make a reductionist statement about the necessary and sufficient biological features that one must have in order to be a woman. How is it even possible to read that sentence in such a way? It's not like she wrote "We all have wombs." To interpret the sentence in a literal manner would make no sense.

When one exclaims "You are all arseholes", one generally does not have any literal arseholes in mind; rather, one is comparing the object of the exclamation with properties generally associated with arseholes. 

holy scheisse

I meaaaan.... it is a microaggression tbh just cause she's Gaga doesn't mean she's perfect 

Glamourpuss

This is really getting ridiculous now. No wonder people think we have a snowflake epidemic. Literally everything gets ripped apart in order to find something offensive. How do you define a female? Literally anything that relates to females is going to offend somebody who doesn't have that particular feminine trait. I don't produce the correct hormones, have been through a premature menopause, don't have periods, have shrivelled up ovaries and can't have babies and I'm not looking for things to be offended about because other women want to celebrate the femininity that I don't have. The point is I still feel like a woman and somebody's tweet wouldn't be enough to make me feel less like one. 

CannaeDrive

Idiots tbmfh, can't even read and understand a metaphor.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

PepsiCola

Absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who is offended by this needs to take a glass of water.

PoshLife
2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I mean... they're kinda right lol. Women are a lot more than wombs. It's not just excluding transwomen but also excluding women who can't bear children/had to have theirs removed.

I knew right she I saw the tweet that she was gonna get clocked for it.

tbh I had the same reaction: like, even putting the transgender issue aside for a second, I thought a lot of women might not like the idea of being defined by their ability to bear children.

But tbh the tack I'm taking lately is, if someone has good intentions then politely educate or ignore. I think expecting or demanding perfection in all messaging is going to just turn some people off.

PunkTheFunk

"Continue to make your voices heard!"

Some women are deaf and don't have the ability to speak. This is ableist.

Killa
2 hours ago, Logan said:

It's an all-encompassing metaphor. She isn't saying women are a uterus :rip: She's saying women are the holders of intelligence, strength, power, revolutionary potential.... Progenitors for the future.

Y:bye:S!! Venus, Goddess of Love ha comeback!!!

Eddie

This is why I hate SJW and feminists they are never happy, they always find something to complain, they throw sh*t to anyone that says something they don't like, if you are not with them you are against them.

And God this is Lady Gaga the woman is part of the LGBT culture :cryga: 

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Y’all pretending to be frustrated when it was probably one of you that wrote it. 

Yall should tell her she looks exhausted while you are at it. 

Archived