đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Oscars are Homophobic/Transphobic.

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

SKANK
1 hour ago, bitchimtrying said:

Moonlight won best Picture, it did not win any of the acting awards.

You said that the man who adapted the screen play for Call Me By Your name was heterosexual, he isn't. You said Moonlight didn't win any of the major acting awards, it did. Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor.

I understand your point, about LGBT actors not being awarded to a standard you find acceptable, but perhaps it would be helpful to your argument if you were better informed.

For a very small portion of the population, last night at the Oscars, we were very well represented.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuckles
On 4/3/2018 at 8:10 PM, bitchimtrying said:

Interesting fact, those example people where the most recent LGBT people nominated, whether they were out or not. Since those four people NO ONE out or closeted has been nominated. If you wanted to go back to when the most recently OUT people were nominated you would have to go even further back than 17 years.

Haven't thought of this, but BINGO!

Chuckles
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

You said that the man who adapted the screen play for Call Me By Your name was heterosexual, he isn't. You said Moonlight didn't win any of the major acting awards, it did. Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor.

I understand your point, about LGBT actors not being awarded to a standard you find acceptable, but perhaps it would be helpful to your argument if you were better informed.

For a very small portion of the population, last night at the Oscars, we were very well represented.

I agree LGBT and latinos

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, bitchimtrying said:

Moonlight won best Picture, it did not win any of the acting awards. 

Call Me By Your Name was Nominated but it did not win an of the acting awards. 

Sam Smith won but did not win for any acting awards. 

LGBT people have been nominated recently BUT NOT FOR AN ACTING AwARDS. 

Please re-read the original post. 

Moonlight won for Best Supporting Actor (Mahershala Ali) and won 3 awards overall.

Call Me By Your Name still won 2 awards. I'm sure a homophobic academy wouldn't even allow it to be nominated.

Obviously Sam Smith didn't win an acting award because he doesn't act, he just sings. And even if he did, singers rarely get nominated for an Oscar anyway, regardless of their sexual orientation.

The fact LGBT people are being nominated at all tells you something. Homophobes don't want the LGBT community glorified in any way, that includes nominations. I also notice that previously, when you listed the last time an LGBT actor got nominated for an award, you listed people who hadn't even admitted they were LGBT yet. So, how could the academy have been homophobic against them by never nominating them again if they didn't know all this time that they weren't straight? You're really overthinking this and making a big deal where there is none. At the end of the day, the LGBT community is a small percentage of the population, so of course they'll win less awards. When they get to 50% of the population but aren't winning 50/50 (like women), then you'll have a point.

Phoenix

Why blame the oscars? A bit of intelligence could do.

You can't nominate something that doesn't exist. Barely any good actors are a part of lgbt and they don't get many roles.

đź’Ž

Archived