gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
5 hours ago, ryanripley said:

Call Me By Your Name isn't perfect but it is good

HOWEVER God's Own Country is a slow mess and i'm sick of that stereotype of gay men who are internally homophobic initiating sex by basically wrestling and fighting each other until somebody slips inside the other :nails: 

I love the movie for what it is, but I agree that it does I wish there were more films that go beyond internalized homophobia.

Still love it, though, but maybe more so for its telling of lower class dynamics and racism, than the aspect of sexuality.

3 points in and ready for more

Diamonster

Can't there be LGBT movies that aren't centered in the characters being homosexual or trans tho and having existencial crisis? Like, it's big part of realizing you're different, but I don't wanna always see the community shown like that, we have lives and dreams too like, less depressing sometimes. But this feels like asking for a movie with lesbians with a happy ending :laughga: 

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, ARTPOP2 said:

You're not just funny, you're also wise?!

0AXlBTh.gif?noredirect

And I can do this

break.gif

ShockPop

Choose actors based on skill not on ticking an equality box. We don't need sympathetic equality because we will end up represented by people as highly talented as Perez Hilton and Frankie Grande. That would be a worse world to live in.

youandi
10 hours ago, ryanripley said:

Call Me By Your Name isn't perfect but it is good

HOWEVER God's Own Country is a slow mess and i'm sick of that stereotype of gay men who are internally homophobic initiating sex by basically wrestling and fighting each other until somebody slips inside the other :nails: 

Is it that bad? I've not seen it yet but really wanted to :(  Like, are they actually self hating gays, or just struggling to come to terms with it because there can be a difference I think 

Avenues
5 hours ago, Diamonster said:

Can't there be LGBT movies that aren't centered in the characters being homosexual or trans tho and having existencial crisis? Like, it's big part of realizing you're different, but like, I don't wanna always see the community shown like that, we have lives and dreams too like, less depressing sometimes. But this feels like asking for a movie with lesbians with a happy ending :laughga: 

Although he has been seen flirting with women in the cinema, They made Iceman gay in the 2012 comics. How 'bout a Marvel Iceman movie?  Without any romantic scenes? Just a regular hunty saving the world :duck:

Ouch, My back hurts.

gagzus
27 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Choose actors based on skill not on ticking an equality box. We don't need sympathetic equality because we will end up represented by people as highly talented as Perez Hilton and Frankie Grande. That would be a worse world to live in.

There are many talented LGBT actors, writers and directors in Hollywood who aren’t getting LGBT roles because they’d rather have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, starring Leonardo DiCaprio playing a self hating gay man with his experiences written by and told from the perspective of straight people. 

It’s like how they’d rather hire cis people to play trans people to make the characters more “passable”, I remember in the last few months a casting call for a trans character in a mainstream movie that is due to come in 2019 (i don’t remember the name) got exposed for stating they ONLY wanted cis actors to apply.

Also, you’re using utter nonsense examples as if I was saying ANY LGBT person would do... 

gagzus
25 minutes ago, Avenues said:

Although he has been seen flirting with women in the cinema, They made Iceman gay in the 2012 comics. How 'bout a Marvel Iceman movie?  Without any romantic scenes? Just a regular hunty saving the world :duck:

Why without romantic scenes may I ask? Why are many people even gay people so against depictions of gay romance in mainstream cinema? 

gagzus
5 hours ago, Diamonster said:

Can't there be LGBT movies that aren't centered in the characters being homosexual or trans tho and having existencial crisis? Like, it's big part of realizing you're different, but like, I don't wanna always see the community shown like that, we have lives and dreams too like, less depressing sometimes. But this feels like asking for a movie with lesbians with a happy ending :laughga: 

I agree I’m kinda over movies being sad and stuff, we need LGBT comedies, horrors, romcoms, action movies etc etc.

But I don’t think they’d happen without the underlying focus of being LGBT being taken away from the story

The Surrealist
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I agree I’m kinda over movies being sad and stuff, we need LGBT comedies, horrors, romcoms, action movies etc etc.

But I don’t think they’d happen without the underlying focus of being LGBT being taken away from the story

I'm actually kinda over having any kind of romance in movies, doesn't matter if it's heterosexual or homosexual. Just make a movie without a romantic interest for once. It's so boring. 

The protagonist always has to get the boy/girl in the end. Yawn. I want to see some independent strong women and men in movies.

Archived