question

Will we ever have a TRUE LGBT+ movie?

gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BenG

I have never really understood why LGBT characters should be played by LGBT actors. Anyone care to enlighten me?

PoshLife
1 minute ago, BenG said:

I have never really understood why LGBT characters should be played by LGBT actors. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Nah you can remain confused

Sizzily
1 minute ago, BenG said:

It makes sense when it’s writtin plainly. Gay and queer actors getting more work, nothing bad about that. But this is usually whines about by upity lgbt members so the issue becomes a joke.

One Banned Boi

Sizzily
1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

Nah you can remain confused

Who let you be rude out of the thread

One Banned Boi

gagzus
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

representation to put it plainly. 

imagine if black panther for example had came out and all the cast was white but portraying themselves with "black" qualities when the characters are clearly black africans and black actors exist. now replace black and white with straight and gay.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

Cuz there are tonnes of unemployed out LGBT actors who specifically do not get jobs because they are out/openly LGBT. It's like Hollywood saying "We won't employ you, but we'll exploit your struggle for money".

gagzus
7 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

Let me just roll my eyes at this thread. :awkney:

may i ask why? 

Sizzily
Just now, gagzus said:

may i ask why? 

See my 2nd response. Short version: it’s annoying

One Banned Boi

gagzus
Just now, Sizzily said:

See my 2nd response. Short version: it’s annoying

it's annoying me asking a question? that seems a bit silly

i'm only stating something that's largely facts, most LGBT central movies are portrayed and written by people who arent nor truly understand the lgbt experience whether they're allies or not, not a single mainstream lgbt focused movie has ever REALLY been good or true to life if we're honest and i'm asking IF or WHEN do people think we're getting a movie that's made by LGBT people for LGBT people that's all.

gagzus
1 minute ago, Sharyu said:

i'll check this out when it's released, my only quip is still are they LGBT actors and directors/producers however, but i'll give it a chance and props for the subject matter and taking it from a gay man's true life experience :D 

rumours
35 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Question in the title.

Since all the latest movies have been lackluster and have mostly all-straight and cis actors and directors who just dont get it.

MV5BMjEyNzgxNTk0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAz

gagzus
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

MV5BMjEyNzgxNTk0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAz

this is a good movie :D although i still think they could've hired actual gay and drag actors/queens in the main roles but it is what it is.

Archived