question

Will we ever have a TRUE LGBT+ movie?

gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rafr88

I know that CMBYN is a good movie, but why is everyone paying dust to God's Own Country? That movie deserves more recognition:grr:

Trepadation
On 3/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, Haiii said:

I'm kind of thirsty for a well written LGBT+ film about bisexual men and/or the gay experience in lesser known parts of the world, like Asia, Africa or the Arab world tbh, constantly seeing only white twinks fall in love in the only gay movies available is just a bit... disparaging as someone thats asian.

Not to say that those movies aren't good in their own right. I'd just like another perspective for once.

Have you seen the handmaiden?

maxresdefault.jpg

Harry
On 04/03/2018 at 12:23 AM, Supersonic said:

I mean... CMBYN is a movie written by straight people, about gay people, for straight people. The movie is as gay as Shawn Mendes or Nick Jonas actually are. 0%. The movie is creepy and so is the novel.

I am very late to this discussion and I haven't read through so idk if anyone has pointed this out yet, but this is inaccurate. The director of CMBYN is a gay man, and so is the screenwriter. I believe the author of the book is straight but the film was very much driven by gays. It's a shame that they couldn't have used gay actors, even though I think both leads did a great job. Point is this whole criticism I keep seeing of CMBYN being a film "about gay people by straight people" is actually just incorrect and I'm not sure where it came from.

Harry
On 04/03/2018 at 12:19 AM, gagzus said:

the movie isn't that good tbh and the novel is very... meh, although i do prefer it and like it much more than the movie

200.gif

On 3/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, gagzus said:

to my opinion of a “meh” movie and novel’s interpretations of gay love and life made by straight people but work.

dwsIPd1.gif

Archived