celeb

Sarah Hyland under fire for acting drunk at the GG

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, codymonster said:

Orrr, set right before the lady who is really drunk gets helped by the kind elevator man to where she needs to get to. This is a very common occurrence too.

sexual assault and rape are HORRIBLE. But women get drunk without men raping them all the time:cryga: This scenario is showing a woman get drunk in a playful way and the man is awkwardly trying to dea with it in a comedic  fashion. It’s a cute sketch. Clearly they are not trying to show sexual assault in this video :laughga:

I look at this and I am reminded of a female friend who called her male friend to her apartment at 2am because she was so drunk she was afraid of being alone. She woke up with him penetrating her and was too drunk to stop him. She woke up in pain the next morning and he was gone. He never spoke to her again. She didn't tell me until months later when the topic of virginity came up. She didn't report it because she didn't want to ruin his life.

The fact that you can look at this video and say he is "just being helpful" by putting his arms around her waist and then her chest is frustrating. The realness of this issue is being brushed aside and treated as "not a big deal." I am frustrated because even though this is fake, if it was real it would be treated in the exact same way.

codymonster
7 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I look at this and I am reminded of a female friend who called her male friend to her apartment at 2am because she was so drunk she was afraid of being alone. She woke up with him penetrating her and was too drunk to stop him. She woke up in pain the next morning and he was gone. He never spoke to her again. She didn't tell me until months later when the topic of virginity came up. She didn't report it because she didn't want to ruin his life.

The fact that you can look at this video and say he is "just being helpful" by putting his arms around her waist and then her chest is frustrating. The realness of this issue is being brushed aside and treated as "not a big deal." I am frustrated because even though this is fake, if it was real it would be treated in the exact same way.

That is AWFUL what happened to your friend. Truly. But that does not mean this happens all the time to everyone. I understand where you are coming from, but a man putting an arm around a woman does NOT mean rape. It could potentially, god forbid, lead to rape if the man is a piece of ****. But you can’t generalize this. People are allowed to portray a woman getting drunk and stumbling into a man without inferencing rape.

2 minutes ago, codymonster said:

That is AWFUL what happened to your friend. Truly. But that does not mean this happens all the time to everyone. I understand where you are coming from, but a man putting an arm around a woman does NOT mean rape. It could potentially, god forbid, lead to rape if the man is a piece of ****. But you can’t generalize this. 

Just because #notallmen are rapist does not mean that we shouldn't pay attention to warning signs and protect our drunk friends when we are able.

This mans behavior is not helpful and suggesting that it is or even could be is dangerous. This could literally be a PSA for rape awareness.

4 hours ago, codymonster said:

Another hour, another overreaction :lana:I wonder if people get tired of looking for things to get offended by and complain about...

That would be a resounding no.

• 2 weeks later...
aaronyoji
On 1/9/2018 at 5:54 PM, uo111 said:

you're clearly projecting your own experiences onto this sketch, take several seats honestly. its clouding your ability to think logically, as is most people right now in social media..... like do you really think instyle or whatever website made this is like "you know, lets film a sketch about a girl whose about to get raped but well make it fun and cutesy" 

2 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

you're clearly projecting your own experiences onto this sketch, take several seats honestly. its clouding your ability to think logically, as is most people right now in social media..... like do you really think instyle or whatever website made this is like "you know, lets film a sketch about a girl whose about to get raped but well make it fun and cutesy" 

A week later you thought it was worth it to quote me just to make light of a sketch about rape. :’)

Antichrist
On 1/10/2018 at 2:54 AM, uo111 said:

holy **** you went overboard, not every flirting ends up with rape :triggered:

In my opinion she’s leading the situation and not the old man, she’s going all over him and he awkwardly putting his arms around her waist.

I find it cute and harmless.. 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

44 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

holy **** you went overboard, not every flirting ends up with rape :triggered:

The fact that you called this "flirting" is bad enough :')

Antichrist
56 minutes ago, uo111 said:

The fact that you called this "flirting" is bad enough :')

the fact that you aren't the only person in the world & the world doesn't revolve around your perception of flirting says enough. he didn't ****ing rape her, he put her arms around her + they're A-C-T-O-R-S, they're payed to A-C-T.

11 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

the fact that you aren't the only person in the world & the world doesn't revolve around your perception of flirting says enough. he didn't ****ing rape her, he put her arms around her + they're A-C-T-O-R-S, they're payed to A-C-T.

Obviously, most people agree with you. That's why rape isn't taken seriously and women aren't believed.

She probably wanted it anyways. She was just acting. She was being flirty. How could he have known that she was blackout drunk?

The world doesn't revolve around me though, so it's fine.

Antichrist
56 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Obviously, most people agree with you. That's why rape isn't taken seriously and women aren't believed.

She probably wanted it anyways. She was just acting. She was being flirty. How could he have known that she was blackout drunk?

The world doesn't revolve around me though, so it's fine.

but where though? WHERE? have you been following the news lately ???

aaronyoji

just like there are degrees to sexual assault, there are also degrees to drunkeness. she was clearly cognizant 

Archived