Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Camila Cabello's debut album is garnering critical acclaim ahead of release

Stef

Featured Posts

Quite surprising, actually, to see all of these reputable sites giving 4 stars consistently across the board to Ms, Camila's upcoming debut album :omg:

NME surprised me the most with its 4 star review, good for ha tho, the descriptions make me quite excited for this album :golfclap: 

NME: ★★★★☆

The ex-Fifth Harmony member absolutely nails it on her debut solo album,
In fact, Cabello only fails to pull off ‘In The Dark’, a bland hybrid of recent Kesha and Lana Del Rey hits. But it’s not enough to spoil a strong and surprisingly confident first impression.

Read review at: http://www.nme.com/reviews/album/camila-cabello-camila-review#kMbJBrm5ZUQKQh9f.99

The Daily Express: ★★★★☆

Stand outs include the bump and grind of Inside Out and she also shows her softer side on the mellow Real Friends, accompanied by an acoustic guitar.
She Loves Control gives Ariana Grande a run for her multi-octave money with some impressive vocal trills and runs powering a beautiful ballad.  It is all far removed from the pristine manufactured pop of Fifth Harmony and shows that Cabello is determined to establish herself as a credible artist. Most impressive of all, her name is the first listed on the writing credits for virtually the entire album, including the smash hit Havana.

Read review at: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/901084/Camila-Cabello-debut-album-Havana-PREVIEW-release-date-track-listing-Fifth-Harmony

The Sunday Times: ★★★★☆

Camila Cabello’s Havana appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, in September and made the 20-year-old Mexican-Cuban singer a star. With a minor-key melody and a sultry Latin mood, the song is redolent of good times and suffused with a wistful sense of loss, in ways that only a composition about feeling as if you belong in Havana while fancying a boy from Atlanta can be. Barack Obama included it in his favourite tracks of 2017. Now arrives Cabello’s solo debut album and, like the hit that made her name, it is rather unexpected.

Read review: (you have to sign up to read it :air:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pop-review-camila-cabello-camila-9l5qdbzfl

Main pop gal incoming :hor: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

AmericanGUY

i can't wait, 'i have questions' is still THAT emotional bop 

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

blackpink

A shame that she can’t release CITC and IHQ. This album better be good because all of the hype surrounding it is a mess 

Ryusei

"Camila cabello's havana appeared seemingly out of nowhere" does this person not know that she used to be in 5h? :ladyhaha: 

Anyways yaaas get that acclaim I wanna listen to the album. 

Musery

PI Floppedt

What did I tell y'all?! Her debut album was going to be as critically acclaimed as The Fame Monster! There you all go. I have the last laugh!

tumblr_oqeu9lzNH21tsxirao1_500.gif

I don't actually hate PI

DiscoHeaven23

"Crying in the Club" is my favorite song she's released in the last year, sad its not on the album. 

My summer bop.

tumblr_nf1ma2ji6g1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

(But i do get she created a new image for herself with Havana, so i get it)

Opulence

I’ve literally just noticed that CITC isn’t on the tracklist, is there a reason why? Or just didn’t make the final cut?

1 minute ago, Opulence said:

I’ve literally just noticed that CITC isn’t on the tracklist, is there a reason why? Or just didn’t make the final cut?

it wasn't the big debut she was hoping for. Also it literally is a Sia reject and probably would stick out like a sore thumb on an album containing latin-pop and acoustic songs

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Teal Ambition

I've loved everything she's released so far, can't wait for the entire album :tony: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Runway
4 minutes ago, Opulence said:

It flopped

Archived