Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

taylor just got dragged by forbes to the pits of hell

Neydelina

Featured Posts

Neydelina

everything is dragging :air:

rep low sales:

''Swift’s latest album sold virtually the same amount as 1989 in its opening frame, but it plummeted 79% in its second week, compared to 1989’s 69% fall. Reputation dropped another 43% in its third week, while 1989 only dipped 22%. And while both albums became the biggest sellers of their respective years in roughly the same timeframe, 1989 ended 2014 with 3.66 million copies sold — nearly double that of Reputation.''

on her dancing;

''Swift and her backup dancers work through the lazily choreographed number with robotic stiffness, washed out by harsh red lighting and thick smoke. Her voice is drowned out by a backing track, but it barely matters because the song’s monotone melody offers no room for vocal acrobatics anyway. It’s a claustrophobic, half-baked performance that feels worlds apart from the brass-filled, technicolor romp of “Shake it Off,” which Swift also performed at Jingle Ball just three years ago.''

1989 compared to rep;

''Therein lies the fundamental difference between 1989 and Reputation: The former was a sugary, hook-filled celebration of Swift’s metamorphosis into a pop star, while the latter is a glum, self-absorbed rumination on the perils of fame. Swift has always excelled at writing about herself in everywoman’s terms; her fans heard their own stories in her salacious accounts of high-profile breakups. But on Reputation, Swift obsesses over petty celebrity feuds and glitzy nights on the town, making it abundantly clear that she’s part of the one percent — and placing a wall between herself and her most ardent followers.''

low ticket sales;

''Swift’s 1989 tour sold out immediately because songs like “Shake it Off,” “Blank Space” and “Bad Blood” blasted listeners with their irresistible choruses; there’s not a single song on Reputation that packs the same punch.''

''But even if Swift and her team claim her sky-high ticket prices to be in the service of fans in an effort to stave off scalpers, it’s hard not to see the whole ordeal as a crass, greedy sales gimmick. By focusing exclusively on raking in big bucks, Swift has abandoned the virtues that won her the adulation of millions in the first place — a sentiment that will linger long after her box office receipts fade from the headlines.''

taylor nation when they read this be like;

tumblr_static_2anupxe1i7ggcook4gkswsskc_

did they spill the truth...be honest. after all, its ggd not taylornation twitter acc :trollga:

imo they made me rofl cuz unfortunately its true. i used to be a stan during her 1989 era and when i see her lazy ass not doing **** now compared to back then, i'm like--

DCe_SKiUAAA2F4m.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrolli/2018/01/04/taylor-swift-no-longer-relatable-ticket-sales-prove-it/#201df14c7ca0

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

I definitely feel like Taylor tried to pull a concept like The Fame/Monster (but focused on Reputation). It was about her but just like Gaga made it for one's internal Fame and related to everyone, Taylor tried that using her usual love songs. But she didn't do that good of a job imo. Reputation doesn't stand out to me as being conceptually well put together. ARTPOP is better (not saying in a dragging way--yall know better than anyone how underrated ARTPOP is) despite talking about a lot more.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Neydelina
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I definitely feel like Taylor tried to pull a concept like The Fame/Monster (but focused on Reputation). It was about her but just like Gaga made it for one's internal Fame and related to everyone, Taylor tried that using her usual love songs. But she didn't do that good of a job imo. Reputation doesn't stand out to me as being conceptually well put together. ARTPOP is better (not saying in a dragging way--yall know better than anyone how underrated ARTPOP is) despite talking about a lot more.

they were right about her making clear she's that 1%. i cant relate to her ****. i only want i did something bad and getaway car mv and i'm done with this **** era

i'm here for actually promoted TS7

DiscoHeaven23

Everything I've thought about it.

Surely the album is selling well, but when you compare reputation Taylor Swift to 1989 Taylor Swift, she's flopping.

And honestly, her singles are flopping compared to other big artists. I'm actually a little stunned at how fast "LWYMMD" fell down the chart, "...Ready For It'"s inability to reach the Top 15 (after it's 1st week Top 10 debut) and "End Game" struggling to reach the Top 30.  ...Ready For It didn't even make it to the Top 10 on Pop Radio (peaked at #12), so you can't blame streaming. 

I do enjoy the album though, it's easy listening. 

JustinTrudeau

Wow, that is some tea :tea:

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Gagaplayer315
15 minutes ago, Neydelina said:

Swift and her backup dancers work through the lazily choreographed number with robotic stiffness, washed out by harsh red lighting and thick smoke. Her voice is drowned out by a backing track, but it barely matters because the song’s monotone melody offers no room for vocal acrobatics anyway. It’s a claustrophobic, half-baked performance that feels worlds apart from the brass-filled, technicolor romp of “Shake it Off,” which Swift also performed at Jingle Ball just three years ago.'

tumblr_inline_n3vhke2uEB1qdb3ix.gif

DiscoHeaven23
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

in a way reputation, the album, reminds me of "Applause" and how people reacted to it.

I remember Billboard saying that the song did worse than "Roar" because the song wasn't something people could relate to, it was self-absorbed. And that's just what reputation is. 

Neydelina
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

in a way reputation, the album, reminds me of "Applause" and how people reacted to it.

I remember Billboard saying that the song did worse than "Roar" because the song wasn't something people could relate to, it was self-absorbed. And that's just what reputation is. 

THIS;

COMPARED TO THIS;

i prefer applause :trollga:

Illuminati

This is so petty it's like they have nothing to drag her for so they drag her for the stupidest **** possible. 

"Yeah she may have the best selling album of the year with only over a month of sales BUT 1989 SOLD MORE!!!"

It's just stupid. I guarantee if the tour has one of the biggest grosses in history they will be like "but look at these 10 unsold tickets in this stadium date, she's over!".

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived