Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj: It's a great time to be a white rapper in America

petty

Featured Posts

Idk why people are brushing this off like it’s nbd. She’s pointing out something that, while maybe uncomfortable to think about as a white person, is important to think about sociologically. There’s been a shift towards urban and rap sounds the past few years and now she’s identifying what is pretty much white appropriation of rap and hip-hop. She’s not knocking their success or anything, but I think it’s important to note, as she is, that this is something that happens in the music industry. Black created and dominated genres eventually become adopted and used to make profit for white artists. It happened with jazz, rock, blues, country, etc.

She even points out that she’s happy for these artists, but her statement is meant to bring light to the issue of racial inequality in music. Idk why this is controversial, she’s not making a false statement nor is she robbing anyone of their success.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aphrodisio said:

You know... it's impossible to win a fight against something you disagree with by doing exactly what it does

Yeah, racism and sexism isn't cool. But seriously, dragging white people because #1? Is this really a right you can allow yourself because you aren't white? Why not be better? Why not encourage people to unite and blur the line of color?

I never had anything against white and black people. To me, they're the same. Citizens of the world. Living together. All human beings.

So yeah, here's a white rapper who does well... Good for him. Nicki, she made so many popular songs, why can't a white man have one too? I actually think it's funny as I haven't heard this song. But, still, we all love "black" rappers and we all listen to those great vocals some pop divas serve. It wasn't needed 

But I feel so racist even cooperating with this idea, saying "black" rapper or "white" rapper, this is what starts racism. Ignore people's colors, can't you see from within?

Remember. Playing a card means you're in the game. Stop racism, both sides.

I think the problem with this is color blindness. I’ve had people tell me about this where it’s like they don’t want you to not see their color. To not see their color is to not recognize the centuries of oppression and servitude. They embrace blackness (or whatever color they are) to honor their ancestors. What they want is to be able to celebrate their color and culture without being regarded differently for it. So it’s like, treat everyone equal, but that doesn’t mean don’t see color, it means don’t treat someone differently because of their color, if that makes sense. They are proud to be who they are and want that recognized, they just don’t want to be treated as second class for doing so. I see it as essentially saying why can’t all cultures just coexist? It’s like that. We all have our differences and ignoring them isn’t the solution, but accepting the differences is so long as they aren’t harming anyone obviously (i.e. Sharia Law as governing law).

Again, not my perspective but a POC’s perspective because I used to share the same one as yours before they told me how they see it.

Stan Is My Name
9 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Why was Macklemore put under the bus then?

I agree, Macklemore was the only one there who raps with a purpose. People like Post Malone and G Easy just sell rap to white people now that rap's popular.

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I think the problem with this is color blindness. I’ve had people tell me about this where it’s like they don’t want you to not see their color. To not see their color is to not recognize the centuries of oppression and servitude. They embrace blackness (or whatever color they are) to honor their ancestors. What they want is to be able to celebrate their color and culture without being regarded differently for it. So it’s like, treat everyone equal, but that doesn’t mean don’t see color, it means don’t treat someone differently because of their color, if that makes sense. They are proud to be who they are and want that recognized, they just don’t want to be treated as second class for doing so. I see it as essentially saying why can’t all cultures just coexist? It’s like that. We all have our differences and ignoring them isn’t the solution, but accepting the differences is so long as they aren’t harming anyone obviously (i.e. Sharia Law as governing law).

Again, not my perspective but a POC’s perspective because I used to share the same one as yours before they told me how they see it.

And by what I said, I meant exactly this.

My point there was: don't need to be racist against each other, it won't make it work. I can't agree on fighting racism with racism against the contrary.**

There are many cultures, the world is colorful and we need to accept all of those! Our hearts are big enough.

White people and black people are the same, we're really human beings living together. That's all there is to it. To acknowledge and support each other's culture and religion is the only way this can work. Racism in all matters shouldn't be a subject. We can stop using colors when bashing. It's just wrong. You can always teach your kid "look, this is a nice black coat, that's a yellow banana" and this just goes to expand his brain. But saying, "look, here's a fat black cow. Here's a tasty yellow bird can't wait to see it in our oven" just does the opposite. Now, I'm not saying you should say "here's a black singer wow", it's still racist, acknowledge the talent without the "natural" urge to speak about her color, that's very shallow and wrong. And if the singer is openly talking about her roots and culture, take a seat and listen*, respect the human being, it could be you.

*I know this could be seen as a response to you but I just want to add some things and I'm speaking generally.

Same goes for men and women, the thing that happens right now is that obviously men are more privileged but going against men as a mass population is a mistake. We, both genders, need to work our ways to support each other on the road to equality. It shouldn't be a women-only fight, we have to give them a hand doing this. We all have an enormous power but when we're divided? It's as soft as ****.

To all those who made the effort to read this: just please think more about your phrasing to your nearest circles, there's always hope for change and we made a great progress on some other matters. Slow but surely a steady one.

And another point: never put yourself on the radical side, it's the same fight of the opposite. The true solution is both sides finding a way to pave a road hand in hand. If you want to be far-something, be far-centre. That's where there's most of the empty space. So many of us choose to go on the edge of right or left thinking being more aggressive is the way. This is what I didn't like about the "white rapper" post. We all get the point and know the reality... but contributing to **racial talks will only make the fire spread.

I fear I'm not well understood but try harder, I took the time to present an important message and I want to see this entire world find peace.

And the bottom line: we're talking about what is right but honestly, as much as we think we're so advanced? We still have a lot to learn about ways to solve things in a better, maybe more complex way.

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

It’s alarming. The last few years especially. America particularly has been battling this “who are we” with races. We have been talking about the differences between white people and black people for decades, but there has got to be a time when we start to make a point to see how similar White Americans are to black Americans. Of course there is racism. Of course there is classism. These are visited over and over again. But there has to come a point when people as a whole say, wait a second, we are extremely similar. 

I’m from the south. A section of the USA that has battled racism for centuries. It’s infuriating to see people still concentrate on differences. Especially here. White southern people and black southern people are almost the same. I go to my best friend’s house who is black, to eat soul food, and the FOOD IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOUTHERN COUNTRY FOOD. I’m like, damn, your grandma’s cornbread, pintos and collard greens taste like my grandmas. His grandmother is sitting there frying a chicken in a cast iron pan, JUST LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER. It’s beautiful. We bask in our similarities and have an amazing time. If the USA could do that as a whole, we would be much better off. Black people and white people are both integral to America’s history. It hasn’t always been A pleasant story, but we are a strong, and aware people. Sure, black people may have come up with blues, and other music that evolved into modern country or rock, but White Europeans introduced them to the musical scale, chord progression, instruments, that make up country, bluegrass, and rock. They are both so important to the musical history of the US. Niether black or white people are more important than the other when it comes to American Music. When Rap first jumped off in the late seventies, Blondie helped bring it to the limelight. This is nothing new. POeople need to stop concentrating on the color of the skin of musicians. If you like the music, let yourself go. Enjoy it. There are talented white rappers, there are talented black rappers. There are garbage in both races too. But bringing up race just to bring it up. Nicki literally did that. Like, hmm, y’all notice that most of the rappers in the top ten are white? Ok.. and? Let them have a turn. You’ve been dominating the female hip hop game for almost a decade until this year, when a Dominican New Yorker took your shine. Nicky has always had issues when someone comes along to steal the spotlight from her. I love her, but she is ****ed up with her view points. 

End of rant. 

LordEnigma
13 hours ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I'm actually super shocked that so many people here are talking against her.

What she said was 100% the truth. 

This site hates her so much.

I swear - I could simply post the words “Nicki Minaj” and people would run their mouths.

She’s talented as **** but people are too blinded by their raging hate to see it.

LordEnigma
13 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

It’s alarming. The last few years especially. America particularly has been battling this “who are we” with races. We have been talking about the differences between white people and black people for decades, but there has got to be a time when we start to make a point to see how similar White Americans are to black Americans. Of course there is racism. Of course there is classism. These are visited over and over again. But there has to come a point when people as a whole say, wait a second, we are extremely similar. 

I’m from the south. A section of the USA that has battled racism for centuries. It’s infuriating to see people still concentrate on differences. Especially here. White southern people and black southern people are almost the same. I go to my best friend’s house who is black, to eat soul food, and the FOOD IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOUTHERN COUNTRY FOOD. I’m like, damn, your grandma’s cornbread, pintos and collard greens taste like my grandmas. His grandmother is sitting there frying a chicken in a cast iron pan, JUST LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER. It’s beautiful. We bask in our similarities and have an amazing time. If the USA could do that as a whole, we would be much better off. Black people and white people are both integral to America’s history. It hasn’t always been A pleasant story, but we are a strong, and aware people. Sure, black people may have come up with blues, and other music that evolved into modern country or rock, but White Europeans introduced them to the musical scale, chord progression, instruments, that make up country, bluegrass, and rock. They are both so important to the musical history of the US. Niether black or white people are more important than the other when it comes to American Music. When Rap first jumped off in the late seventies, Blondie helped bring it to the limelight. This is nothing new. POeople need to stop concentrating on the color of the skin of musicians. If you like the music, let yourself go. Enjoy it. There are talented white rappers, there are talented black rappers. There are garbage in both races too. But bringing up race just to bring it up. Nicki literally did that. Like, hmm, y’all notice that most of the rappers in the top ten are white? Ok.. and? Let them have a turn. You’ve been dominating the female hip hop game for almost a decade until this year, when a Dominican New Yorker took your shine. Nicky has always had issues when someone comes along to steal the spotlight from her. I love her, but she is ****ed up with her view points. 

End of rant. 

You know - maybe you should be ranting about this to the white supremacists rather than a rapper stating her opinion :huh:

LordEnigma

White people are so fragile I swear :ladyhaha:

Like, come on people. I see so many white people do the “well gosh darn - if these black people didn’t bring up race every two seconds, we wouldn’t be divided.” thing. It’s sad, I just see history repeating itself and white people would rather just drown out the noise and blame race issues on those who speak out.

8 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

You know - maybe you should be ranting about this to the white supremacists rather than a rapper stating her opinion :huh:

I’m sorry, but there was nothing in my post blaming black people for anything. I gave my personal story on growing up in the south, and how similar people are, and how it infuriates me when my people of the south obsess about differences. What part of that made you come at me sideways? 

4 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

White people are so fragile I swear :ladyhaha:

Like, come on people. I see so many white people do the “well gosh darn - if these black people didn’t bring up race every two seconds, we wouldn’t be divided.” thing. It’s sad, I just see history repeating itself and white people would rather just drown out the noise and blame race issues on those who speak out.

Americans bring up race all the time. There is a huge obsession with it. The obsession is so grand, that it slows down the production of solidarity. 

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I’m sorry, but there was nothing in my post blaming black people for anything. I gave my personal story on growing up in the south, and how similar people are, and how it infuriates me when my people of the south obsess about differences. What part of that made you come at me sideways? 

It’s not really just you but I see so many people get heated when POC bring up something about their experience with race. 

Just now, Alexander Levi said:

It’s not really just you but I see so many people get heated when POC bring up something about their experience with race. 

It’s actually not me at all. You didn’t understand my post. 

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

Americans bring up race all the time. There is a huge obsession with it. The obsession is so grand, that it slows down the production of solidarity. 

I guess I’m white so I don’t have this mindset but I can see why this is brought up - having your ancestors forced to come here or your ancestor’s land being run to the ground and sectioned off would make me view America different than I do today.

I just think white people need to LISTEN more than they speak.

FfFfFfFF
12 hours ago, Stan Is My Name said:

I agree, Macklemore was the only one there who raps with a purpose. People like Post Malone and G Easy just sell rap to white people now that rap's popular.

Most of the people (white or black cause it makes no difference, including Nicki) rap to sell. 

Archived