Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Actresses to Wear Black to Golden Globes to Protest Gender Inequality

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

Following the cultural awakening in Hollywood over sexual harassment and gender inequality, industry insiders are trying to figure out how best to acknowledge the #MeToo movement during awards season in 2018.

Sources say that at the Golden Globes on Jan. 7, actresses, including nominees and presenters, are planning to wear black to protest gender inequality and to acknowledge the flood of sexual abuse allegations that have rocked Hollywood beginning with Harvey Weinstein. This follows on the heels of the announcement Wednesday that all the presenters at the Jan. 21 Screen Actors Guild Awards will be female.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/actresses-wear-black-golden-globes-protest-gender-inequality-sources-say-1067715

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

TropicOfCANCER

This is cool--I'm glad they're standing in solidarity and sending a message. Admittedly, its disappointing we wont be getting any exciting "fashion" looks, but the message is so much more important.

Economy

I dont think its so much “gender inequality” as it is misconduct by people in power at least in aspect to the sexual allegations

Men have a physical intimidation edge over women which gives them more power to abuse it

theres high status power as well which in that aspect the inequality thing is relevant

but in most cases i dont think its the issue... its individuals who abuse their perceived power over others

4 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

This is cool--I'm glad they're standing in solidarity and sending a message. Admittedly, its disappointing we wont be getting any exciting "fashion" looks, but the message is so much more important.

my thoughts exactly. i’m scared the red carpet is gonna be a snoozefest but i love this idea!! a great way to show support towards these issues! designers better pull through tho

Tom Nook

This is a good opportunity for all attendees to go out and join together to bring awareness for an important issue, here for it :excited2:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

11 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

This follows on the heels of the announcement Wednesday that all the presenters at the Jan. 21 Screen Actors Guild Awards will be female.

:golfclap: 

Kind of dumb, IMO. It's like when people scribbled chalk on their arms for suicidal people. At first, I thought it was a nice thing, but then I talked with my bestie who has had suicidal thoughts in the past and he was like, stuff like that is just so people don't feel obligated to actually do something about the problem. Like when people tweet "praying for [insert terrorised country here]".

And he was right. Wearing black won't do anything. People will talk about it in the news for a day and then everything will go back to normal. It's time to step it up, on behalf of all the women who have suffered at the hands of these dirtbags. :nails:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

sipthistea
34 minutes ago, Brie Candy said:

set_lady_gaga_golden_globes_backstage.jp

Always ahead of her time.

First it was the TIHTY performance.

androiduser
28 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Always ahead of her time.

First it was the TIHTY performance.

and the last one to find about R Kelly and Terry Richardson, I pray nothing bad happened to her

Archived