💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RATE: Blue (Joni Mitchell)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours
2 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

I'm sure @Rumours1977 have a lot of ideas for the next megarate From Nancy to Tracy Chapman to Genesis to Bon Jovi it's gonna be a time travel 

giphy.gif

Not gonna lie... Tracy Chapman's debut album was a contender for being the album of this first Megarate...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBhomemaker
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

Not gonna lie... Tracy Chapman's debut album was a contender for being the album of this first Megarate...

THIS IS MY FAVE :cryga::giveup::giveup: :pray:

The second so? :staymad:

raginchristians

Joni is one of those artists I only knew by name but had never actually heard anything of, so this will be fun! Time to expand my music horizons :staymad:

he/they

rumours
21 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

THIS IS MY FAVE :cryga::giveup::giveup: :pray:

The second so? :staymad:

Maybe so...

Spoiler

I suppose we'll see how this Megarate goes before I commit to doing another one. I agree that Tracy Chapman's first album is fantastic! However, I thought this album was more appropriate for the first megarate, as she has influenced tons of artists (including Tracy Chapman).

Here's an article naming just a few (of many) whom she has influenced:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/joni-mitchell-15-great-artists-influenced-by-the-blue-singer-20160622/prince-20160622

Rocketno10

I was just listening to that album, Case of you gotta be the finest love song ever written:giveup: all tracks are great. Such a genius:giveup: my fav album from her gotta be Court and Spark and Hejira :D and thank you for sharing this album with other people:music:

rumours
12 minutes ago, Rocketno10 said:

I was just listening to that album, Case of you gotta be the finest love song ever written:giveup: all tracks are great. Such a genius:giveup: my fav album from her gotta be Court and Spark and Hejira :D and thank you for sharing this album with other people:music:

Glad you like it:hug:

I look forward to receiving your ratings! :kara:

rumours
4 minutes ago, that juju said:

give me frequent reminders :selena: and I'll do it!

Lol.

I’ll do my best to remind you multiple times before the ratings are due. 

2 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Lol.

I’ll do my best to remind you multiple times before the ratings are due. 

yes please, I have like 5 to do and can't keep track on top of like work and RL :selena: 

❤ x ❤

rumours
2 minutes ago, that juju said:

yes please, I have like 5 to do and can't keep track on top of like work and RL :selena: 

No problem

giphy.gif

This year marks the 50th anniversary of Joni's epic song "Both Sides, Now", from the album Clouds, which was released 2 years before her album BlueBlue is largely regarded as Joni's greatest album, and is considered a must-have in vinyl.  Joni has won 9 Grammies, mostly in the pop genre.  For those not familiar with Joni, here is her performing "Both Sides, Now" in 2000.  Legends deserve and receive standing ovations both before and after:

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
3 minutes ago, Ronk said:

This year marks the 50th anniversary of Joni's epic song "Both Sides, Now", from the album Clouds, which was released 2 years before her album BlueBlue is largely regarded as Joni's greatest album, and is considered a must-have in vinyl.  Joni has won 9 Grammies, mostly in the pop genre.  For those not familiar with Joni, here is her performing "Both Sides, Now" in 2000.  Legends deserve and receive standing ovations both before and after:

Truly an icon. She’s so talented!

I was tempted to do Court and Spark for the Megarate, but I figured Blue was slightly more impactful.

What’s your favorite Joni album?

Moreover, are you gonna participate in the Megarate? 

11 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Truly an icon. She’s so talented!

I was tempted to do Court and Spark for the Megarate, but I figured Blue was slightly more impactful.

What’s your favorite Joni album?

Moreover, are you gonna participate in the Megarate? 

I prefer her earliest albums, I like specific songs best, so it's hard to pick a favorite album.

From her first album Song to a Seagull (1968) , I love Michael From Mountains

From Clouds (1969), I love Chelsea Morning and Both Sides, Now

From Ladies of the Canyon (1970), I love Big Yellow Taxi

From Blue (1971), several songs

Of course, the songs I mentioned were huge hits back in the day, and were ubiquitous on radio.

I hope to have time to do the Megarate.

Tbh, I'm mostly a Rickie Lee Jones fan, and have attended concerts from three of her tours including one recently in Philadelphia.  There is a huge overlap in the Joni Mitchell and the Rickie Lee Jones fanbases.

Hadn't listened to this in years.  Just listened to it again and I have to ask wyd putting Blue up for megarate?  :giggle:  The tracks are all 10s and you know it.  There's a reason it's regarded by music critics as one of the greatest albums of all time.  Now I have to listen to it tomorrow with headphones to try to find a reason not to give some songs a 10.  Of all albums, you had to pick one with no fillers.  Tbh, I'm actually glad you picked this album.

Can't wait for Tracy's.  She slays and rules.  Omg.

rumours
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Hadn't listened to this in years.  Just listen to it again and I have to ask wyd putting Blue up for megarate?  :giggle:  The tracks are all 10s and you know it.  There's a reason it's regarded by music critics as one of the greatest albums of all time.  Now I have to listen to it tomorrow with headphones to try to find a reason not to give some songs a 10.  Of all albums, you had to pick one with no fillers.  Tbh, I'm actually glad you picked this album.

Can't wait for Tracy's.  She slays and rules.  Omg.

You’d be surprised... Many younger people (in my age bracket) have no idea who Joni Mitchell is let alone have they listened to Blue.

Just trying to spread around different types of music on GGD. Hopefully, enough people will participate in this....I’d really love to continue doing these types of megarates tbh. 

Archived