💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Shape Of Water - by Gullermo Del Toro (amazing looking movie!)

Villanelle

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gaga2017 said:

Any of you all seen it yet?

I can't wait to see it, but will probably have to wait till like, March or April. My country is mostly extra late when it comes to Oscar contenders. :rip:

Villanelle
3 hours ago, Wixson said:

I can't wait to see it, but will probably have to wait till like, March or April. My country is mostly extra late when it comes to Oscar contenders. :rip:

I know what you mean. I am in the UK and the release here is February, no idea why really.

I am so excited though. I've heard great things about it and the soundtrack is amazing.

I have given in and read some spoilers regarding the ending as I had my interpretation of what I thought may happen, and it pretty much was along the lines of what I predicted.

• 4 weeks later...
Villanelle

TSOW won Best Director and Best Original Score at the Golden Globes!

Really gutted Sally Hawkins didn't win for Best Actress but just glad this film has this recognition

PeachJug

IT'S REALLY GOOD, SAW IT TWICE 

Was inspired after the movie to do a quick doodle

DTAtFlNXUAA1d12.jpg:large

forgive the undeveloped hands lol

Villanelle
22 hours ago, PeachJug said:

IT'S REALLY GOOD, SAW IT TWICE 

Was inspired after the movie to do a quick doodle

DTAtFlNXUAA1d12.jpg:large

forgive the undeveloped hands lol

Aw love it.

I am jealous you've seen it already! Another month to go here. I've heard great things about it.

Just been announced that it's nominated for 12 BAFTAs!

DeleteMyAccount

I really enjoyed the score in this film. I also got a lot of Bioshock feels which I also loved. The story imo is pretty basic. But the complexity of the way that the film is told is really nice. You can tell that each scene is important to the overall film.

Queen Gloria

Just saw this movie, I loved it. So beautiful visually and a great story. Also, I live for Mariah's song at the end. 

Saw this and it was amazing.

It was visually stunning, the soundtrack was great, and there's a lot of thought put into each scene.

Go watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Villanelle

I saw it today and loved it. It really is a beautiful film with a lovely meaning, packed full of emotion as delivered amazingly by Sally Hawkins.

For some reason I cannot stop thinking about her character Eliza! The way she conveyed her feelings and communication was heartbreakingly beautiful. I just wanted her to be happy in the end, in whatever path of life she took. I really hope Sally Hawkins wins best actress for this.

Oddly, I wasn't that bothered by the amphibian man, or 'The Asset'. It was the Hawkins character I was rooting for all the way. For some reason her struggle seemed greater, I can't explain it.

Oh and the soundtrack is beautiful. (The piece of music, called Without You I think, that plays when Eliza is pleading with her neighbor to help save the asset was one of my favorite scenes).

tomsches

Im gonna watch it tonight and im in Austria so Im sure you van watch it ik the uk as well

TropicOfCANCER

I know I’m in the vast minority, but I didn’t care for this movie at all. Found it wildly underwhelming and forgettable. 

The structure and tone of the movie reminded me of another movie—“hail, Caesar!” (Which I also hated)

Dominic

Just saw an advert for it on TV and got excited. I love Guillermo Del Toro. He had a hand in my favourite film El Orfanato and he's an incredible talent. 

Gonna get drunk by myself and watch this later. Probably cry into my beer. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived