💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Shape Of Water - by Gullermo Del Toro (amazing looking movie!)

Villanelle

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello

Just saw this and really enjoyed it :) Especially the soundtrack and aesthetic.

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

tomsches

So I've just seen it and while I don't think it is a bad movie, I absolutely cannot understand the hype for it and the fact that it received 13 Oscar nominations. 

The characters are all so incredibly one-dimensional. There's next to no character development. I thought the first part of the movie was ok, but the second half killed it for me. Why does it all have to be that sexualised? This sexualisation really downplayed the movie for me, made it almost ridiculous and kind of ruined something that could have been beautiful. The relationship between the woman and the fish developed way too fast. We are talking about some sort of god-sea creature, so in a normal setting I don't think ANY sort of affection is possible between such a thing and a human in such a short amount of time. So for me, the whole relationship between the 2 seemed so off and unbelievable. And it's not just that she deeply cares for the creature, she decides to have sex with him, because sex is the only way to show affection? I don't know... Also, I don't get why the second half had to be so brutal, it came from nowhere and ruined the aesthetic for me. What absolutely killed it for me was the end. Like, in the very end they find out that the creature can heal himself and other people? So suddenly he's a whitelighter? It seemed like an afterthought to somehow end the story because the screenwriter didn't know where the story was going. 

Also, why is Sally Hawkins nominated for best actress? She has no line in the whole movie. Now it would have been interesting to portray a complex mute character which uses different ways to express a wide spectrum of complex emotions. But her character is not complex at all. Again, Elisa is so one-dimensional that I don't think portraying that character the way Hawkins did deserves an Oscar.

So yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if it wins best picture or best actress. 

On 11/21/2017 at 6:43 AM, Gaga2017 said:

I have been waiting for this for ages. I adore Del Toro's work.

But shes being sued sis. 

Nicogly
8 minutes ago, tomsches said:

So I've just seen it and while I don't think it is a bad movie, I absolutely cannot understand the hype for it and the fact that it received 13 Oscar nominations. 

The characters are all so incredibly one-dimensional. There's next to no character development. I thought the first part of the movie was ok, but the second half killed it for me. Why does it all have to be that sexualised? This sexualisation really downplayed the movie for me, made it almost ridiculous and kind of ruined something that could have been beautiful. The relationship between the woman and the fish developed way too fast. We are talking about some sort of god-sea creature, so in a normal setting I don't think ANY sort of affection is possible between such a thing and a human in such a short amount of time. So for me, the whole relationship between the 2 seemed so off and unbelievable. And it's not just that she deeply cares for the creature, she decides to have sex with him, because sex is the only way to show affection? I don't know... Also, I don't get why the second half had to be so brutal, it came from nowhere and ruined the aesthetic for me. What absolutely killed it for me was the end. Like, in the very end they find out that the creature can heal himself and other people? So suddenly he's a whitelighter? It seemed like an afterthought to somehow end the story because the screenwriter didn't know where the story was going. 

Also, why is Sally Hawkins nominated for best actress? She has no line in the whole movie. Now it would have been interesting to portray a complex mute character which uses different ways to express a wide spectrum of complex emotions. But her character is not complex at all. Again, Elisa is so one-dimensional that I don't think portraying that character the way Hawkins did deserves an Oscar.

So yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if it wins best picture or best actress. 

agreed 1000% I went high to the theatre expecting to be blown away and was left with huge blue balls.

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Cavadour

I'll go for it RIGHT now!  :classy:  Shuuuuuuuush,,, :excited2::excited2::excited2:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Villanelle

Did the scene where Elisa is explaining how much the asset means to her, and that she must help him escape really move anyone else? I think it was Sally Hawkins' flawless acting accompanied by the moving score! It was incredibly emotional! Simple but impactful!

Archived