Featured Posts

aaron l
4 minutes ago, Ken Zahn said:

too many to account, they are probs all trolls tho

The Youtube comment section pretty much is a troll

110413-extra-lady-gaga-youtube-1.gif

Can't take em too seriously

Chromatislaps

Dope has grown on me, I feel it's among her best and it could have been a hit if she promoted it with a video. Also Dope IS better than I Wanna Be With U

Dope is one of the best songs on ARTPOP, I just don't listen to it often cause it's a major downer (lesbionest)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Ken Zahn
Just now, Red said:

Dope is one of the best songs on ARTPOP, I just don't listen to it often cause it's a major downer (lesbionest)

it makes me cry a bit because "Dope" is what the ARTPOP era really was, not pop bangers, not sex, but it was all about PAIN.

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

Dope is severely underrated, and it's among her hardest hitting ballads yet.

Let's just say you're blessed if you don't immediately relate to it.

❀ x ❀

Both Dope and IWBWY should've been on the album, imo, with IWBWY as maybe a bonus track on deluxe version or something like that. 

I think they're both good songs in different ways. I do kind of prefer IWBWY and I did need a few years, but Dope finally grew on me. Both songs put me on the verge of tears though. I would say these are among her most emotionally charged songs. 

Luzaleja

I love Dope, it's one of my favorite songs from her :selena:

I also love IWBWY though, I wish we could have both on the CD :giveup:

I totally agree! I actually took the song as being strictly about her drug addiction but how that addiction was indicative of and emblematic of the high life she'd been living which came crashing down around her with her hip injury. Like, she's been "livin' high for so long" and now she's feelin' low. She came down from the high of fame only to realize all the mistakes that she'd made along the way. It's all hitting her in this song. It's so tragic and perfectly fitting on ARTPOP, an album about the various highs of fame. It's like a little nod to TFM's themes, but condensed into one beautifully written song.

58 minutes ago, SDG91 said:

Both Dope and IWBWY should've been on the album, imo, with IWBWY as maybe a bonus track on deluxe version or something like that. 

I think they're both good songs in different ways. I do kind of prefer IWBWY and I did need a few years, but Dope finally grew on me. Both songs put me on the verge of tears though. I would say these are among her most emotionally charged songs. 

or released on the app :icega:

Archived