Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy's Witness sold 62K, first week (no tour bundles)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

Runway
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

since some concertgoers would have bought the album if there hadn't been a bundle, it's unfair to say "XX would have sold..."

“That said, the extreme week two drops we've been seeing suggest these bundles *are* definitely lifting first week sales”

KSfp2jr.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

To be fair, these no-bundles numbers aren't exactly indicative of what the sales would've been. Who's to say those people who bought the bundle wouldn't have bought the album anyways? Just like people says gaga got an extra 400k in sales from the $0.99 Amazon deal. Who's to say those 400k copies wouldn't have been sold without the sale? 

Does that make sense? :laughga:

monsterdino
4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

since some concertgoers would have bought the album if there hadn't been a bundle, it's unfair to say "XX would have sold..."

you see they could've also streamed it or illegaly downloaded and they can do both for free while ticker for a show "u can't cheat" or get it for free

it wouldn't go over 100K 100%

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, F AM E said:

To be fair, these no-bundles numbers aren't exactly indicative of what the sales would've been. Who's to say those people who bought the bundle wouldn't have bought the album anyways? Just like people says gaga got an extra 400k in sales from the $0.99 Amazon deal. Who's to say those 400k copies wouldn't have been sold without the sale? 

Does that make sense? :laughga:

“That said, the extreme week two drops we've been seeing suggest these bundles *are* definitely lifting first week sales”

What they said after seems to neglect that theory. I'm sure some would've bought the album, but not in every case. Not all 100K would've bought the album. 

migamiga
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

What they said after seems to neglect that theory. I'm sure some would've bought the album, but not in every case. Not all 100K would've bought the album. 

I'm not denying that it helps sales, but people just automatically assume that the no-bundle numbers are what that artist would've sold without the deal. Also huge 2nd week sales drop seem pretty commonplace nowadays anyways

ps i didnt read the article :laughga:

Avenues

Well everyone has flop eras :sweat:

And I've always said this and I'll say this again, Witness is not the best but its definitely not bad. I would be lying if I said I don't love it. 

Ouch, My back hurts.

monsterdino

To show how great the power of tour bundles is

The Truth About Love (2012)       #1,   first week sales 281,000
Beautiful Trauma (2017)               #1,   first week sales 408,000

This is P!nk's 1st and 2nd highest first week sales of her WHOLE CAREER, Beautiful Trauma who had no hit became her highest first week sales album bc of the tour bundles with 408K, WHILE The Truth About Love who was previously highest 1st week sales did 281K and had a MAJOR #1 HIT with "Just Give Me A Reason"

monsterdino
1 minute ago, Monster Boy said:

On atrl they talk about 62k without bundles :rip:

tumblr_omt25xDUTR1tm4tz8o1_400.gif

oh messed up the number, 2K less lmfao

tumblr_omt25xDUTR1tm4tz8o1_400.gif

Archived