💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry's 'Witness' Falls Off Billboard 200

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I had no idea that it fell to #13 in its second week, nor that it only had 10 weeks overall in the top 100. Absolutely shocking. How can someone who has over 25 million YouTube subscribers, a #4 peaking lead single with 2.8 million likes and over 400 million views have such low sales? It makes no sense. Even Swish Swish has garnered over 2.8 million views, her most liked video from this era. So, why has the single failed to even hit the Billboard top 40? Her fans really support her to crazy levels online but don't want to actually buy her music anymore. It's so weird. Fans of that level usually buy everything their fave puts out with slavish devotion, no matter how bad it is. It certainly was the case for her up to and including Dark Horse. So, the downfall of Katy is a bizarre thing that her record label must be tearing its hair out to solve and pinpoint what the hell went wrong. Not to mention the even more pressing dilemma of how to fix it with the next album.

But its all proved one thing - that showing true talent, building a solid musical identity and attracting older demographics is the key to longevity in the industry. Katy has spent too long churning out catchy pop tunes for the young pop fans but has never actually put in the work to improve her vocals, build a solid musical identity (she's a different person with every song, from a crazy sex kitten to a devoted girlfriend) or appeal to older demographics. Now she's almost 33 and losing it because she realises that she's played the game wrong and shouldn't have taken this long to start trying to mature her music.

Swish Swish has over 284 million views what r u smoking?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bostonGUY
21 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Compare that to Kesha

1-5-16-14-26-27-33-34-46

Kesha has yet to leave the top 50 despite having a fraction of the promo Katy had.

Seriously, Kesha did GMA, Fallon, Ellen and Iheart Radio. That's it. Katy Perry did massive promo. 

Because sympathy for Kesha. When praying was announced I literally felt like Jesus was coming back. Kesha has talent that the public finally sees

Can we stop attacking Katy.  Even Gaga showed her love w flowers.  Why r monsters out to keep destroying her?  Like enough is enough. 

21 hours ago, Red said:

It's not what she deserves :noparty: 

i know but monsters r rude and ruthless.  They r honestly the most salty fanbase.

Bambino
1 minute ago, PeterPan said:

Can we stop attacking Katy.  Even Gaga showed her love w flowers.  Why r monsters out to keep destroying her?  Like enough is enough. 

It's the monsters' revenge on Katy... and basically any female artist that flops.

T2rIe.gif

Just now, Bambino said:

It's the monsters' revenge on Katy... and basically any female artist that flops.

T2rIe.gif

revenge for what?

Bambino
Just now, PeterPan said:

revenge for what?

I was joking but if you wanna take it seriously, well... because Katy was more successful than Gaga and was charting places where Gaga wasn't so it's like she took the #1 spot from her. So for some monsters, seeing Katy flopping is like them taking revenge on her. They just wanna see her flop just because. This happens everytime a female artist flops.

4 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

i know but monsters r rude and ruthless.  They r honestly the most salty fanbase.

There are saltier fanbases, actually :green: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Just now, Bambino said:

I was joking but if you wanna take it seriously, well... because Katy was more successful than Gaga and was charting places where Gaga wasn't so it's like she took the #1 spot from her. So for some monsters, seeing Katy flopping is like them taking revenge on her. They just wanna see her flop just because. This happens everytime a female artist flops.

people take #1 spots so seriously honestly no one even knows that omg Britneys most talked about and biggest song Toxic was #9 on the BB Hot 100,  OMG.

Born To Slay
18 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Because this feels so good after the Katy Kats celebrated Gaga's failure and were more wicked to us then anything I've seen. 

Her fanbase deserves what they're dealing with. 

Just now, Born To Slay said:

Because this feels so good after the Katy Kats celebrated Gaga's failure and were more wicked to us then anything I've seen. 

Her fanbase deserves what they're dealing with. 

im part of her fanbase BISH, so f*ck off

Born To Slay
Just now, PeterPan said:

im part of her fanbase BISH, so f*ck off

Then I hate to tell u but many if ur fellow Katy stans were disgusting and karma is hitting them. They mocked ARTPOP's era to hell and back and bragged and gloated about Katy topping Gaga, well now Katy has flopped harder then any mother pop girl this year barring Miley Cyrus. 

Just now, Born To Slay said:

Then I hate to tell u but many if ur fellow Katy stans were disgusting and karma is hitting them. They mocked ARTPOP's era to hell and back and bragged and gloated about Katy topping Gaga, well now Katy has flopped harder then any mother pop girl this year barring Miley Cyrus. 

all this fanbase bickering is so f*cking stupid, why cant they just support each other. Like I stan probably like 20 females. I dont wish floppage on any of them.

Archived