Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor's "Gorgeous" gets praise from Critics

Green Detox

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few Singers/Artist/Popstars that Critics are always "ready" or  "willing"

to praise everything they´re about to release.No matter if is good or rubbish.

On the other hand there are Artists/Singers/Popstarts that Critics they love to Hate......just like they 

always do -and will keep on doing- with Lady Gaga. Even the best review for Gaga is not  actually.... the best one.

Chuckles
6 hours ago, Green Detox said:

"further proof of their queen's pop domination" - Maeve McDermott of USA Today

"single-handedly saving pop music in 2017" (calling it "fizzy" and "delightful") - Glamour

"more conventional Taylor Swift song" that, "provides some of the conventional pleasures that only a pop song about falling deeply in crush can" - Chris William of Variety

"the yang to the vindictive, angry yin of "Look What You Made Me Do", as Swift sings 'wistfully' about a man over 'gentle, radio-friendly pop'." - Jon Blistein of Rolling Stone

"her first good single in forever", stating that the song "clears the low bar set by its two predecessors ["Look What You Made Me Do" and "...Ready for It?"]" - Clayton Purdom from The A.V. Club

"With its addictive beat and thoughtful lyrics, “Gorgeous” isn’t just a classically Swiftian pop confection — it’s also the best taste of Reputation yet. Though Swift sleuths have already begun to dissect who the lyrics are about, it doesn’t really matter — and that’s the signature of a true pop gem. Old Taylor, good to have you back. New Taylor, the dishonesty’s forgiven. B+ (given score) - Entertainment Weekly's Eric Renner Brown

Are this really "critics"?? Btw I haven't listened to the song, "Gorgeous is a very cringe-worthy song title for me...

StrawberryBlond

She must be paying for good reviews. She must. There's no reason why critics would praise this but give lukewarm reviews to other, much better written, mature songs. That "stumble on home to the cats" line alone should cause any critic worth their salt to give it a bashing. Critics are well-known to write good reviews for the artists whose record labels pay the most. There's no documented evidence but it goes on. It happens in all the arts. Why else would Taylor get mad at one critic who said she couldn't sing so much so that she wrote a diss track about him? She doesn't like the critics who break ranks and tell it like it is. She's used to complete adoration from all or she throws a fit. It gives me such delightful pleasure to know how enraged she must be at the fact that LWYMMD's video has hit 1 million dislikes, overtaking Katy's most disliked video into the bargain, and its only been out 2 months at that. Shake It Off used to be her most disliked video and it took nearly 3 years to get over 700k dislikes. The next singles in this era are only going to cause those dislikes to rise. She really thought she could get away with annoying 4 fanbases with that song. That's how self-assured she is. It's nice when the public gives her a reality check.

Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

She must be paying for good reviews. She must. There's no reason why critics would praise this but give lukewarm reviews to other, much better written, mature songs. That "stumble on home to the cats" line alone should cause any critic worth their salt to give it a bashing. Critics are well-known to write good reviews for the artists whose record labels pay the most. There's no documented evidence but it goes on. It happens in all the arts. Why else would Taylor get mad at one critic who said she couldn't sing so much so that she wrote a diss track about him? She doesn't like the critics who break ranks and tell it like it is. She's used to complete adoration from all or she throws a fit. It gives me such delightful pleasure to know how enraged she must be at the fact that LWYMMD's video has hit 1 million dislikes, overtaking Katy's most disliked video into the bargain, and its only been out 2 months at that. Shake It Off used to be her most disliked video and it took nearly 3 years to get over 700k dislikes. The next singles in this era are only going to cause those dislikes to rise. She really thought she could get away with annoying 4 fanbases with that song. That's how self-assured she is. It's nice when the public gives her a reality check.

Gurl I liked that line

StrawberryBlond
6 minutes ago, Chic said:

Gurl I liked that line

She's trying to be self-aware with it but it just sounds lame. She's young and should want to be cool and contemporary. This is the sort of line that someone says to make fun of you, pointing out that you're alone and will end up as a spinster one day. You can't reclaim such an insult. And the fact that no one around her pointed out how bad that line sounded just shows how much of a hold she's got on her label and how much she surrounds herself with yes men who never question her.

Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

She's trying to be self-aware with it but it just sounds lame. She's young and should want to be cool and contemporary. This is the sort of line that someone says to make fun of you, pointing out that you're alone and will end up as a spinster one day. You can't reclaim such an insult. And the fact that no one around her pointed out how bad that line sounded just shows how much of a hold she's got on her label and how much she surrounds herself with yes men who never question her.

Well I think in a lyrical sense it works to break up the monotony and surprise people. It's an unexpected line. I sometimes use such oddball or almost funny lines intended to make people do a doubletake when I feel the verse as a whole needs some spicing up. Her line isn't fantastic or anything but I thought it was a nice insight. What I find intriguing is that she likely isn't that type of person to just stumble home to her cats out of sadness, she's way too, well, "snake-like" for that. She seems like she'd slither home to her keyboard and type 140 words a minute. So it's like an interesting lie to me, lol

7 hours ago, Swan Heart said:

Tbh It's better then the first two. 

Given that the first two are terrible this one is in line with them I would say :selena:

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Chic said:

Well I think in a lyrical sense it works to break up the monotony and surprise people. It's an unexpected line. I sometimes use such oddball or almost funny lines intended to make people do a doubletake when I feel the verse as a whole needs some spicing up. Her line isn't fantastic or anything but I thought it was a nice insight. What I find intriguing is that she likely isn't that type of person to just stumble home to her cats out of sadness, she's way too, well, "snake-like" for that. She seems like she'd slither home to her keyboard and type 140 words a minute. So it's like an interesting lie to me, lol

It's surprising for sure, but it would be better if it was something shocking instead of something pathetic sounding. What struck me about LWYMMD is she said some shocking things that we'd never expect from her, especially the line about getting her karma (Taylor was never one to own up to the wrong thing she'd done) and that the old Taylor was dead (that was reminiscent of Miley saying she killed off Hannah Montana). That kind of stuff knocks you sideways. But saying she'll stumble home to the cats just confirms every joke we've ever made about her. It didn't help that she said basically the same thing a while back and took herself too seriously when that interviewer said that she was likely going home with lots of men: "I'm not going to be walking home with any men tonight, I'm gonna hang out with my friends and then I go home to the cats." I don't know if this line was a reference to that moment, but it was in that instance that I realised that Taylor could never be truly self-aware and takes herself way too seriously. It's no wonder that even to this day, a lot of people still question if she's a virgin. She has absolutely no clue when it comes to presenting herself as a sophisticated, sexy, adult women who takes male attention in her stride. Most women would play along with such a joke. Even little ol' inexperienced me would have rather died than paint myself as a pathetic loser with only the cats for company, no matter how true it is. Especially if it were on national television. I'd fear such a thing getting out would make me undateable for life.

Green Detox
22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think right now she's really self-aware of what the critics would say, she might even be as surprised as some of you with this acclaim for Gorgeous, because she's a smart lady unlike Katy who lost her mind with the whole woke act tried to represent, Taylor knows what she's doing and have the best team in the world to support and guide her. So i don't think she would care what they would write about her at this moment. And LWYMMD is one of her best videos. It gained an amount of dislikes because she basically dragged everyone.

7 hours ago, slayo said:

I am baffled by this. The song is terrible.

I know right! Anyone else and this song would not come even close to making the cut nor be even talked about, it's a NOTHING song and totally forgetful.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Green Detox said:

I think right now she's really self-aware of what the critics would say, she might even be as surprised as some of you with this acclaim for Gorgeous, because she's a smart lady unlike Katy who lost her mind with the whole woke act tried to represent, Taylor knows what she's doing and have the best team in the world to support and guide her. So i don't think she would care what they would write about her at this moment. And LWYMMD is one of her best videos. It gained an amount of dislikes because she basically dragged everyone.

Her aim was to be self aware this era but already it seems like she's not trying pulling it off correctly, though. And I doubt she would ever truly write a song with the aim of not getting praise. It's like the critics are so used to praising her that they don't want to stop now. And I know that LWYMMD actually has a good like/dislike ratio and only got so many dislikes because it annoyed so many people...but that's just it. She went too far with the bashing and its put the public off her somewhat. It's proving that even she can go through a downfall and have a bad reception. I'm sick of her getting constant praise for everything. It means her music can never improve as she feels no need to get better. She thinks she can give us any old song and we'll just lap it up.

SissyFromSpace

i dont understand how anyone hates it. il this song sm

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Archived