Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

Juju's Top 50: Artists

Featured Posts

 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju

#12
Nicki Minaj

3f30dafb82ea5f0fc3df7bfefbfc54f2.gif

Upon her rise to fan during "the mixtape days", I was a huge Barb. Like, huge. Tweeting her every Friday wearing pink huge. Over the years, I've come off it a bit, but she still remains one of my most played artists. Nicki, at her best, is unstoppable, and looking back at all her albums, I can't think of not one negative to say about any of them - they've all been incredibly strong, especially my favorite, Roman Reloaded. She, for the most part, delivers pure quality (we will dismiss her most recent releases for the sake of this statement) and it's always exciting to see what she'll pull out next.

Most Streamed Song

(y'all I was on a lot of drugs in 2010, forgive me :laughga: (that sample is godly, though) ) 

 

  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
1 minute ago, HausOfAmericano said:

 I have school 'till 5:30 PM BST :lolly: 

what time is it for you there now :oprah: 

[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HausOfAmericano   Paws Up 1,946
HausOfAmericano
2 minutes ago, that juju said:

what time is it for you there now :oprah: 

11: 12 PM

Words are useless, especially sentences. They don't stand for anything, how can they explain how I feel?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju

#11
M.I.A.

tumblr_mw0578eXGY1sn6gljo1_500.gif

Up there with Björk as one of *the* greatest artists of all time, Maya has captivated me since her debut Arular. Over all these years, she's remained vigilantly opposed to being boxed in as anything other than herself, unabashedly steadfast in speaking her truth. She's my favorite M.C., and one of the most incredible visual artists of our day, her works littered with political imagery and an unmistakable aesthetic. If I were to name five favorite artists off the top of my head, she'd be among them, and it's only a matter of time before her streams place her back at the top of the heap.

Most Streamed Songs

(from here on out, I'll post the top 3 - and for the Top 5, I'll post their Top 5 songs!)

 

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju

And that's it for today! :tony: thanks again to everyone who stopped by, feel free to post your favorites of the artists I've already listed, I'm sort of interested to see what you guys like from this bunch! :heart: 

  • Like 1
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
Just now, Hybrid Rose said:

omg @ lanas position :poot: 

it's not that bad sis! she's here that's all that matters :selena::ladyhaha: 

  • LMAO 1
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
8 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

11: 12 PM

you should be in bed my childT:diane: thanks for the company tho!!! better see you tomorrow

  • Love 1
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BBhomemaker   Paws Up 1,884
BBhomemaker
Just now, that juju said:

#11
M.I.A.

tumblr_mw0578eXGY1sn6gljo1_500.gif

Up there with Björk as one of *the* greatest artists of all time, Maya has captivated me since her debut Arular. Over all these years, she's remained vigilantly opposed to being boxed in as anything other than herself, unabashedly steadfast in speaking her truth. She's my favorite M.C., and one of the most incredible visual artists of our day, her works littered with political imagery and an unmistakable aesthetic. If I were to name five favorite artists off the top of my head, she'd be among them, and it's only a matter of time before her streams place her back at the top of the heap.

Most Streamed Songs

(from here on out, I'll post the top 3 - and for the Top 5, I'll post their Top 5 songs!)

 

M.I.A is so talented, love her style, her music, her visuals

XXXO :icega:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hybrid Rose   Paws Up 1,106
Hybrid Rose
Just now, that juju said:

it's not that bad sis! she's here that's all that matters :selena::ladyhaha: 

:laughga: kween 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
Just now, BBhomemaker said:

M.I.A is so talented, love her style, her music, her visuals

XXXO :icega:

she truly is one of my favorite artists of all time, I could put ANY of her albums on shuffle and bop the f*ck out :lolly: 

I hope @Yukia stops by to see our queen's placement :diane: 

  • Like 1
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 that juju   Paws Up 14,991
that juju
Just now, Hybrid Rose said:

:laughga: kween 

this time next year a certain artist namedT Hybrid Rose is gonna be on this list so stay perched :bon: 

  • YAAAS 2
[ if everything is dipped in gold, then baby it'll never grow / everything sweet ain't sugar-coated ]

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarlightSeiya   Paws Up 509
StarlightSeiya
6 minutes ago, that juju said:

she truly is one of my favorite artists of all time, I could put ANY of her albums on shuffle and bop the f*ck out

Really now? Even that trash that was AIM? 

Bone Apple Tea bebe

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clever Username   Paws Up 2,894
Clever Username

YAS NICKI MAKING THE LIST!!! :lolly:

I went through a lot of wondering about who you listen to getting here tho :poot: 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gardevoir   Paws Up 6,979
Gardevoir
54 minutes ago, that juju said:

@Gardevoir @HausOfAmericano what is y'alls timezones so I know when to begin tomorrow :lolly: 

@BBhomemaker too :lolly: 

I’m PST West Coast I don’t have class tomorrow 

  • Like 1
🎃👻 Happy Gagaween 👻🎃

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×