💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Macklemore's 'Same Love' Tops Australian iTunes Chart Amid Controversy

sarahb

Featured Posts

Can't be bothered explaining so let me copy and paste an article instead:

The song was released five years ago and it first hit the number one position on the Australian charts back in 2013. This week ‘Same Love’ and Macklemore were the target of attacks from conservative politicians including Tony Abbott, Eric Abetz, Peter Dutton and Pauline Hanson, who weren’t happy with the idea of the song being performed at this weekend’s NRL grand final.

“Footy fans shouldn’t be subjected to a politicised grand final,” Abbott said

Despite a petition calling on the NRL to ditch the song and take “LGBTIQ politics out of the NRL” both the league and Macklemore are standing firm, with the latter declaring he would “go harder” in response to the criticism.

Now Australia has spoken with its feet by sending ‘Same Love’ right to the top of the iTunes charts. The song has replaced another Macklemore track, ‘Good Old Days’ featuring Kesha from his new album GEMINI, in the number one position.

macklemore-1.png
http://junkee.com/macklemore-same-love-itunes-tony-abbott/125745

Right now we're having what is pretty much a non-binding vote as to whether same-sex couples can marry, which is going as smoothly and respectful as you all would expect :smh: 
Oh and Tony Abbott was our former Prime Minister and he wants to ban Macklemore from playing the song :rip:
NRL = National Rugby League

Freaking loving the people getting angry about it now like it didn't shoot to #1 over here in 2013 :sharon:

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Robo Ga

Say what you want about Macklemore but that song is very powerful and truly had impact on the lgbtq movement. This song + born this way were two HUGE influences on getting explicitly pro-lgbtq lyrics on pop radio. I saw Macklemore live in 2013 and even though I am not a huge fan I started tearing up seeing 10s of thousands of people singing that song, thinking about how lucky we are to be born in a time where people can say that in public, when even 20 years ago that would've been illegal. Hope Australia makes the right choice 

🤖⚡️

Duella Dvil
16 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Say what you want about Macklemore but that song is very powerful and truly had impact on the lgbtq movement. This song + born this way were two HUGE influences on getting explicitly pro-lgbtq lyrics on pop radio. I saw Macklemore live in 2013 and even though I am not a huge fan I started tearing up seeing 10s of thousands of people singing that song, thinking about how lucky we are to be born in a time where people can say that in public, when even 20 years ago that would've been illegal. Hope Australia makes the right choice 

I just filled with love reading that

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Really looking forward to seeing his performance this weekend! 

And it's hilarious how Tony Abbott, a politician, used his status as a politician to make a statement on how sport should not be politicised lmao...

Archived