Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
question

The First Sucessful K-Pop Band Crossover?

Featured Posts

Sharyu   Paws Up 14,976
Sharyu

Will BTS be the first K-pop act to successfully crossover into the states?

02-BTS-kpop-artist-visit-march-2017-bill

Their newest single,DNA, is set to debut at #85 on the Hot 100, making them the 2nd K-pop act EVER to achieve this. So will it Rise or will it fall? Not to mention that they made K-pop history, with them being the first act to break into the Top 10 on the Billboard 200.

Warrior of the Monkey, Killing Peacefully

Rah Rah Bitch   Paws Up 841
Rah Rah Bitch

it will because 12 yr olds need boys to stan for their looks

• Like 3

BrothaGaga   Paws Up 5,215
BrothaGaga

They need to get consistent chart rankings from now on if we're talking about a "successful" crossover.

Werk   Paws Up 6,959
Werk

If only CL was able to do something similar with "Lifted" even though it was a cover  :rip: 

Keep on F*king Don't stop, F*k me harder Then Pop!

gabeoz   Paws Up 3,137
gabeoz

Maybe, but I soemwhat hope not. But most BTS fans I see are absolute *ssholes. I’ve seen many attack Lady Gaga and little monsters for no reason other than because they’re “western”

• Like 4

Seeka   Paws Up 8,199
Seeka

I've been hoping for more K/J-Pop to cross over into America. With their Grammy win, I think it may happen.

2NE1bae   Paws Up 53
2NE1bae

I love BTS and they definitely deserve the recognition cause they're all truly talented:firega:. But the Kpop community honestly believed 2NE1 was to be the one :selena::selena:

• Like 2

YourCureness   Paws Up 613
YourCureness
25 minutes ago, 2NE1bae said:

I love BTS and they definitely deserve the recognition cause they're all truly talented:firega:. But the Kpop community honestly believed 2NE1 was to be the one :selena::selena:

until YG fvcked it all up for us BJs. 

• YAAAS 1

Baepsae   Paws Up 2,546
Baepsae

I hope so :selena: I LOVE THEM SO MUCH and their new mini album is AMAZING start to finish :diane:

1 hour ago, gabeoz said:

Maybe, but I soemwhat hope not. But most BTS fans I see are absolute *ssholes. I’ve seen many attack Lady Gaga and little monsters for no reason other than because they’re “western”

Some of them truly are as*holes but the boys are super nice so i hope they do fine. The interactions i had with other ARMYs was actually very good, there are TONS of LGBTQ+ stans and they're super cool about it and really like Gaga :hor:

ToxicHot   Paws Up 1,603
ToxicHot

I hope so... I just recently discovered them myself (wasn't a K-Pop fan whatsoever), and I honestly really really like them. A lot. (Not just because they're all cute. :giggle:)

Their music may sound "Americanized"/"westernized", but honestly, that's what they need to crossover into the States, am I right? It's good music though. Very trendy and contemporary with heavy hip-hop/trap influences. A lot of their songs on their new album would be HITS here if they were in English and sung by someone like Justin Bieber or a One Direction member or maybe even Shawn Mendes. I was actually really surprised at how interesting and unique their image is. 

Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.

Reginald   Paws Up 877
Reginald

:giveup:

Shook. 

I always thought Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, or 2NE1 (especially CL) would be the first K-Pop act to see mainstream recognition here. 

• Like 1
SNAP @egnartseigger

LateToCult2k17   Paws Up 1,378
LateToCult2k17

Hmm, maybe with their Chainsmokers work. But I don't think DNA will be their breakthrough 

Currently banned until January 17, 2018. Til then BBs *cries*

2NE1bae   Paws Up 53
2NE1bae
3 hours ago, YourCureness said:

until YG fvcked it all up for us BJs. 

:reductive: yes maam 

Kara Brasil   Paws Up 320
Kara Brasil

I like BTS but I think BLACKPINK will be the first group to crossover.