💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's discuss Fibromyalgia as a discredited disease.

Swine

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Sometimes people say "cough cough" and then insert the word or thing they "aren't supposed to say" like it's under their breath. He's basically saying cough cough blood spinning cough cough cause the article talks about how that's not actually a great or new treatment, and that's what we just saw Gaga having done. Hope that helped 

I just rolled my eyes during the documentary when the "doctor" talked about it. Like people go through so much hocus pocus stuff to apply some placebos. There's 0 evidence that proves that "blood spinning" helps, and yet they are applying it in an international popstar.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching 5F2, I had the overwhelming feeling that her pain was caused by her emotions. She seems broken. The pain is real, yes, but I think it's mainly psychosomatic. However, I'm not a doctor so I really am uneducated on the subject. Based on what I saw in the documentary, though, I think her pain is caused by emotional distress. 

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, gag said:

Y’all got really rude doctor friends :selena:

That's most doctors for ya. The one living below me keeps on complaining about me walking too loudly for her liking but then turns around and throws housepartys in her flat without announcment until 5 in the morning. :selena:

Nice doctors are the exception.

9 minutes ago, Melodrama said:

After watching 5F2, I had the overwhelming feeling that her pain was caused by her emotions. She seems broken. The pain is real, yes, but I think it's mainly psychosomatic. However, I'm not a doctor so I really am uneducated on the subject. Based on what I saw in the documentary, though, I think her pain is caused by emotional distress. 

Her symptoms seems to be muscular fatigue/spasms, pain in the hip, depression, anxiety, etc. Everyone knows anxiety and depression affect directly the way people view their own pain, it just aggravates everything. I am 100% sure it's normal if she feels pain in her hip, let's not forget she has fake material in her hip, it's something that it's strange to the body and is not supposed to be there. Some minor constant inflammation process is just natural. And the fact that she has pain and muscular fatigue on mostly one side of her body might indicate that her muscles are trying to protect her hip by overcompensating.

I just don't know what's the purpose of putting her symptoms in this mystic/discredited definition of fibromyalgia, when in fact most of them have a natural cause/justification. Maybe she herself wants a name for the condition, when in fact there's not just one condition.

Fibromyalgia is what doctors say when they don't know what is wrong.

It is usually due to either incompetent doctors or not well understood diseases, and not so much due to hypochondriac patients. If someone says they have fibromyalgia you can take that to mean that they have pain, of which the cause of is not known.

Gaga's "fibromyalgia" obviously is related to the hip injury that she received while touring during BTW. Unfortunately a lot of people who put chronic strain on their muscles tend to get these types of injuries and medicine doesn't really know what to do with it. But Gaga needs a name, since she is a celebrity, so this is the best they came up with.

That's my take from it. It doesn't take away from the fact that she has chronic pain. There just isn't much that can be done.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Swine said:

Her symptoms seems to be muscular fatigue/spasms, pain in the hip, depression, anxiety, etc. Everyone knows anxiety and depression affect directly the way people view their own pain, it just aggravates everything. I am 100% sure it's normal if she feels pain in her hip, let's not forget she has fake material in her hip, it's something that it's strange to the body and is not supposed to be there. Some minor constant inflammation process is just natural. And the fact that she has pain and muscular fatigue on mostly one side of her body might indicate that her muscles are trying to protect her hip by overcompensating.

I just don't know what's the purpose of putting her symptoms in this mystic/discredited definition of fibromyalgia, when in fact most of them have a natural cause/justification. Maybe she herself wants a name for the condition, when in fact there's not just one condition.

That's just an assumption though, I'm pretty sure that Gaga has had quite a history of seeing doctors because of her pain, I think one of them might have had that idea too but in the end she still landed at the diagnosis fibromyalgia after 4 years of touring doctors. :shrug:

It does make sense though that especially her mental illness and fibromyalgia are linked. When I googled it the first time, Wikipedia straight introduced the condition as being most likely paired with PTSD, anxiety and depression, all of which Gaga has been diagnosed with too.

Magneto

I'm not gonna say anything about this subject, buuuut...

I thought I was the only one in the dental field on this cult site, but turns out you are too, @Swine. That is so amazing! I'll be a graduated dental hygienist in february. Wanna start a practice together and call it Show Me Your Teeth(.mp3)?:bon: 

Free my mind

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I thought I was the only one in the dental field on this cult site, but turns out you are too, @Swine. That is so amazing! I'll be a graduated dental hygienist in february. Wanna start a practice together and call it Show Me Your Teeth(.mp3)?:bon: 

Yaaaas :hor: ready to take care of perio cases with 12 mm pockets and pus? The real life is delicious. No, seriously, the best part of your life will now start. Meeting patients and helping them is the best part of this whole thing.

Where are you going to work, though?

Sneaky Oliver
4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I'm in the business too :bon: that's so cool to know you guys 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

2 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm in the business too :bon: that's so cool to know you guys 

Yaaas :hug: Dentist? Hygienist? Dental nurse?

The off-topic is real. Please dont kill us, almighty mods.

Sneaky Oliver
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

That's just an assumption though, I'm pretty sure that Gaga has had quite a history of seeing doctors because of her pain, I think one of them might have had that idea too but in the end she still landed at the diagnosis fibromyalgia after 4 years of touring doctors. :shrug:

It does make sense though that especially her mental illness and fibromyalgia are linked. When I googled it the first time, Wikipedia straight introduced the condition as being most likely paired with PTSD, anxiety and depression, all of which Gaga has been diagnosed with too.

I think so! Maybe her stressful  schedule (Taylor breakup +SBHS+planning the tour + recording ASIB + ASIB soundtrack) made the pain even worse. Our girl really needs to rest now more than she ever did 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver
2 minutes ago, Swine said:

Yaaas :hug: Dentist? Hygienist? Dental nurse?

The off-topic is real. Please dont kill us, almighty mods.

Dentist but I'm still in college :) I've been asking a lot about fibromyalgia and teachers are like "why are you asking so much?"  :gum: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Stefani Gaga
40 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Sometimes people say "cough cough" and then insert the word or thing they "aren't supposed to say" like it's under their breath. He's basically saying cough cough blood spinning cough cough cause the article talks about how that's not actually a great or new treatment, and that's what we just saw Gaga having done. Hope that helped @Stefani Gaga 

It did. Thank you. :hug:

I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

ShockPop

My mother and sister have it.

A lot of it is psychosomatic but what you have to realise is that it's real pain to that person. It is brought on by mental and physical trauma such as rape, broken bones, untreated stress etc.

Very difficult to pinpoint what it is, however, it's not something to be laughed at. It can develop in the lead up to lupus.

I take it you're in the states. In the UK it's a fully verified illness.

Archived