• Last Reply
Antonio

that's what happens when you take a 12 year hiatus

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

She hasn't even sent You Already Know to radios. :sharon: 

She needs to promote, promote, promote.

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

17 hours ago, Stef said:

No offence but, its what she deserves, she dragged this album campaign out for THREE YEARS, the album like two months ago too, zero hits and it became a game of throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks

Pretty much this.

I don't get why labels just move on. They're only making it worse by dragging an album cycle. 

StrawberryBlond

Even I didn't think it would be that low. I think it's an ok album (still got the final two songs to listen to, though) and deserved a bit more. I thought it was pure sales at first but SPS? Man, oh man. I really wish labels would realise the downside of dragging eras out in an attempt to get hit singles always results like this. You'll make more money just releasing it on time than keeping everyone hanging. That's the quickest way to lose interest. Most people didn't even realise that she had released singles prior to this. I somehow highly doubt MILF $ was intended to always be there. That was totally rushed in an attempt to go viral and go shooting up the charts and the fact it came almost 2 years after the "lead single" is proof of that. You Already Know with a Nicki feature also gives that impression too. I don't know what happened between 2014-16. Did Fergie decide to ditch half the album? Did her label make her do it? Did she get so tied up in her break-up that she couldn't do anything until now? Whatever happened, it killed all her hype.

It's such a shame to see all the heavyweights of the 2006-08 period nosedive now. Back then, grown women in their 30's could have hits. But now, as soon as you hit 30, you're seen as over the hill. We've progressed so much in an ageist society but some things just can't be cracked.

14 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Really don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but does she have a 'fanbase'? Her early hits feel much older than the named and loyal fanbase craze that gaga kinda began. I can see casual fans of her bops but to have a fanbase that supports you even while do other projects and/or take time off is VERY difficult. Sorry if I am out of touch, I don't follow her. 

It's too bad though, she has a great voice and has a lot to offer I feel 

First off, I haven't spoken to you in literally months! Long time no see!

I'm with you on the idea that she doesn't really have a fanbase anymore. When you've taken an 11 year break between your debut and sophomore album, it's safe to say that you should treat this release as if you're a new artist. Name recognition alone doesn't sell albums like it used to and so many of this generation know next to nothing about Fergie. Even if they did, she's 42. That'll kill any interest immediately. It's sad to see so many talented artists trying to do their own thing but getting held back due to label restrictions. It results in huge gaps between releases that the public's interest just isn't holding. It's admirable that not all of them just throw in the towel from there on out. Meanwhile, there's lots of really untalented ones who really should.

Jennie Kim

The industry moves fast.

This just makes Gwen's last album seem more impressive to me. 

Xoxo Adriana
22 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Just wanted to clarify that she put out "Life Goes On" in November of 2016 as a single and it flopped as well. I think it was the most single worthy single, so its too bad

Ok I screwed that one up :toofunny: thanks for letting me know!

DiscoHeaven23
5 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Ok I screwed that one up :toofunny: thanks for letting me know!

No prob, it flopped so prob hard to remember 

I really don’t like the album..like at all and not even the visuals can save it cuz they arnt that good either besides like 3

Archived