Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does Gaga need a 10 year break?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

No way in hell! I think that is outrageous! That is such a long time. I don't know what LM would have the patience for that. 1-2 years? Yes! 10 years? Heck to the no!

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wanted to reply to all this but i don't even know what to start with :saladga:

let's say gaga needs to chill the **** out and let HER PEOPLE DO THE JOB SHE HIRES THEM FOR, and I'm saying it just because of her, you need to plan the era WELL, to sit from second 1 with your record label, etc., probably because of her insecurities to record all the videos for the singles (and select them all FIRST) and plan the release dates no matter how successful or flop they are, to have the concept lines completely defined (how will you dress like, by who, coherence, appearances, everything, like when you get prepared for the opening of an exhibition you'll not be able to modify once it's started), and most of all, stop pretending to make everything EPIC and "the deepest":

this is actually one of the most important things, i think you guys were talking about this right on this forum few days ago, about how miley's last songs just sound more... honest? real? and not pretending to call gaga or Joanne fake, but, exactly, it's just "TOO sold" as something SO DEEP, SO MEANINGFUL, SO HER AUNT, SO HER BECOMING NUDE MUSICALLY, and this happened also with ARTPOP, SO ARTISTIC, SO MINDBLOWING, and with Born This Way, SO THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE (and actually it is for me lol, because of the meaning it has in my life, it really changed it, but you know what i mean, even if she's right, you can't make up all you do like this, because the market is the market, not your whole fanbase, and even your fans can see what you do differently). well, I'm starting to get far of the point; my point is that gaga is an amazing person that thinks very big, something that is good for when you create and give birth to concepts, but when you apply all this, you can't oversell, overexpose, over-get-inspired-whatever. we all know gaga's been compared with a loooot of artists, with living (and dead) legends, sometimes because of her, because she did similar things, she works similar, she wants promo and then uses this polemic... anyway. WHAT GAGA NEEDS is to stop focusing her career into OTHERS and into being to the level of the highest expectations, she needs to RELAX, and just do the things as they flow from her brain to the fingers, and from her fingers to the notebook.

let's take a look in her albums: the fame was the debut album, she had time to prepare it and years to promote it while she released the fame monster, also well prepared and produced. then she got experimental with born this way, but here starts the problem: too much. too much of everything. less in the music; actually it is probably the most coherent thing in the album even knowing how different government hooker, hair, the queen, bad kids are in between. they're different but they can get related in some ways, especially in the lyrics, they have all a cohesive message and meaning. but what about THE IMAGE. the cover was supposed to mean the touring, life on the road, then you get the aliens in the first video. then religious polemic with judas. then the siren was supposed to be the central pillar in the edge of glory video, surprise, a fight, cancelled. then recycle it for yoü and i, then a music biopic for marry the night. I MEAN. all makes sense separately, and actually, in the end you can say all mean the same in the end: acceptance, the society refusing you in different conditions, but it's just all bad planned when you develop the era. and the concrete point i wanted to mark: i don't remember if it was bloody mary, that was supposed to be for the fame monster, but ok, let's leave it here for later.

then ARTPOP. where do we start. applause, ok single, video too simple for a comeback from a cancelled tour etc., then another cancelled video with do what you want, the single that they chose probably in the last minute watching how people liked it on the internet, just like it happened with the edge of glory during born this way era. then silence, no news. then a supervideo for GUY, and Venus,... LATE. The sound: overproducing half of the album because you had to gut it months before during itunes festival. azealia collab cancelled, Jewels N' Drugs that sounds like a plaything instrumental, aura with infected mushroom with a different sound, gipsy and dope that are also a different sound, zedd and djws being probably less distant on this, but again, going back to the bloody mary's point and remembering ARTPOP ACT II: no. clear. and. fully. developed. concept. a lot of changes, discards, re-re-makes, too many collaborations, too many production. i think you get what i mean.

then cheek to cheek: the funny part. it's cheek to cheek the best prepared gaga's era? i think so, and it came in the perfect moment.

but then, joanne. what was exactly the concept of this album? because yes, it's dedicated to (and talks about) her aunt, but it also talks about fibromyalgia, masturbation, her wedding not happening (diamond heart), feminism,... all is perfect, but again, with no cohesion, i listen to joanne and i'm so sorry but i don't feel it as solid as it should be: gaga sounds great, the lyrics, the work is deep and amazing, and beautiful... but i don't feel the country -or whatever you want to call it like- vibe. then going back to miley, i listen to younger now and even malibu that is so simple, and I LOVE that songs (note: i never followed her and i'm a wrecking ball hater, just in case you think this is because i'm a fan or whatever). the florence welch collab... i find it just EXTRA, i'm sorry, i don't undestand what gaga wanted to do in that song, her voice doesn't even fit for me in there, and the instrumental, all, i dont know... its weird, i dont know if anyone understands what i want to say, and i'm getting nervous lol because this is soooo long and probably boring.

and before ending, the tour dvds. the terry richardson documentary. simpler things like not signing for your own interludes to be able to use them on the monster ball tour dvd. announcing videos that will never come. ARTPOP act 2. and some other minor things.

i think every artist has a lot of brainstorming, amazing ideas and projects they never do, but this is why you have to keep them for you first, then analyze them, and keep with the ones you know by 100% you'll be able to do them or fit them in your next step. you have to FOCUS on a project (an album in this case), to make it FOR YOURSELF.

Gaga needs to do THE THINGS FOR HERSELF. And even if she says she's doing it, SHE'S COMPLETELY LYING. And I don't mean it as a bad thing, but we all know she wants to to her best, to be AMAZING, but she needs to understand that she achieves that being HERSELF, that is how she won us, not doing what will please the media, or what will break last madonna's record, or what will be more groundbreaking than whoever's last tour.

I'm sorry it's 3:20 am and i have the train to barcelona in 5 hours, then later i was supposed to see her in concert, i'm just not sleepy and bored-now overthinking. just want to make clear this statement: i love gaga, and as i'm not in my "biggest little monster phase", i'm still supporting her and i'll always will, but i just feel how she looses strength because all this things, and it annoys me the most exactly because i know she's already a legend and she has EVERYTHING she needs to do PERFECT eras, to develop them PERFECTLY, and she fails in something as stupid as listen to her original concept and the people she chose by herself. And the worst is that we know we could do it better with her, the decisions with everything: me, you, almost anyone on gagadaily; about which single is better, which change in some demos was better or not,... and not altering her concept and the final product but all the edits and bad decisions when it's all released and promoted... 

well, i stop here, i'm sorry for my mistakes if this message has a lot of them, i actually never studied english outside secondary school, i was drunk on dinner and now my brain is just messy. lol nvm

EDIT: OMG KILL ME THIS IS THE WHOLE BIBLE I KNOW NO ONE'S GONNA READ THIS, I WOULD NEVER :rip:

NIghtmareElm

!0 years is way too long for any artist.  It doesn't matter who you are.  If go 10 years without releasing an album, chances are people will not care as much.  Sure people will finally get to hear the album and some will be excited, but if she took that long she should kiss her career goodbye.  One-two years would be perfect though.  Spend an entire year doing nothing.  No writing or recording music.  Just relaxing.  Then spend the other year making music.  

10 years?!?! Like, remember where you were ten years ago and think of all the times that has passed from then till now. You want that for her career?

Also, a reinvention is enough, may I need remind you American life and Confessions on the Dancefloor?

2 hours ago, huttont said:

Yes. See you all in 2028 :bye:

She will be opening the LA olympics from her garden with her hens, what a shock queen tbh

3 hours ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

she only need a REINVENTION of sound and image and she'll be fine 

TALENT ALWAYS WIN at the end :firega:

This.

She literally couldn't disappear for 10 years. She may become silent, but there would still be photos. 

wokemonster
4 hours ago, Oscar said:

If you belong to the melennial generation and up, you probably already got enough gaga to last you for life. She might never be mysterious again and how could she possibly be spontaneous when it seems like she's worn every outfit imaginable and released a lot of really sexual music that it doesn't have shock value anymore. 

She might need more then 10 years but I feel like the only way people would be fascinated by her again is if she became an object of novelty 

i want even more......

i think a change of image and style can be a great comeback but not a 10 years hiatus 

re di tutto

Do you want her career to be over? Because that is exactly what would happen if she took a 10 year break. She can’t afford more than 5 years between eras, it would kill her career.

13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

10 years? Oof that's a long time especially now when the gap between generations shrinks with each one. She'd be irrelevant when she comes back.

To the point even we'd forget she existed :saladga:

OP acting like 10 years mean a long 10 minutes

In 10 years we might have singing robots competing for the 100th spot on Billboard 

Gaga's caset would be playing in a ghost town lol 

9 hours ago, bleed dior said:

Do you want her career to be over? Because that is exactly what would happen if she took a 10 year break. She can’t afford more than 5 years between eras, it would kill her career.

she is already never going to get a hit again and she thinks she is too good for features

We will never have to worry about the success of her carreer again.

Archived