Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

DWUW should have been a lead single

Nono

Featured Posts

Will Stehlik

Yeah... every time I listen to DWUW, I listen to the solo version. I cannot stand R. Kelly's verse.... He really ****ed the whole thing up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr

I actually think Venus would have been a better lead. It's just as quirky and "weird" as Applause, but I would think Venus is much more relatable to listeners than "living for the applause". Plus Venus's chorus is absolute fire, while Applause was one of her weakest in my opinion.  

I do think DWUW would have been a better choice than Applause too though. Gypsy too for that matter.  I know Applause was a big enough hit, so it did work out fine,  but I've always thought it was one of the worst Gaga songs. 

16 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I actually think Venus would have been a better lead. It's just as quirky and "weird" as Applause, but I would think Venus is much more relatable to listeners than "living for the applause". Plus Venus's chorus is absolute fire, while Applause was one of her weakest in my opinion.  

I do think DWUW would have been a better choice than Applause too though. Gypsy too for that matter.  I know Applause was a big enough hit, so it did work out fine,  but I've always thought it was one of the worst Gaga songs. 

I actually would've loved Venus as a lead too. 

Venus

Do What U Want ft. Christina Aguilera

Applause

Sexxx Dreams

Gypsy

BYE

Mister Gaga

I disagree. Applause was the perfect lead single. Everything about that single era was flawless (artistically speaking, of course). And DWUW was also great for 2nd single, it would have smashed with a video.

Xoxo Adriana

Jewels N Drugs has lead potential where you at Gags? :poot: 

Enigma

Do What U Want doesn't show any of the creativity of ARTPOP tho, it's some generic bop like The Cure (I just realized how much they sound the same :oprah:).

Applause is a bop, the video is a masterpiece, y'all should focus on the real deals like Venus not being a single at all. Fight me :madge:

Should have been like this, imo:

The Fame

-Just Dance

-Poker Face

-I Like It Rough (promotional with video)

-LoveGame

-Paparazzi

The Fame Monster-

-Bad Romance

-Telephone

-Alejandro

-Dance In The Dark

Born This Way-

-Born This Way

-Scheiße

-The Edge of Glory

-Electric Chapel (promotional single)

-Yoü and I

ARTPOP-

-Do What U Want (featuring XTina)

-G.U.Y

-Swine (promotional)

-Applause

-Gypsy

Joanne-

-Million Reasons

-A-YO

-John Wayne (promotional single)

-Dancin' In Circles (w/different chorus)

-Grigio Girls (promotional single, with proceeds going to a charity)

Promotional Single Non Album Related-

-The Cure (with music video)

And THAT'S how you do it folks. :golfclap:

Vergil

Do you get that DWUW has nothing to do with the theme of ARTPOP right? And Applause was meant to introduce us to the new era not for the charts. I actually find the choice of Applause being the lead simply magnificent. She (or whoever chose the single) started by the end of an artist's work, The Applause. 

Archived