💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
my experience

PSA: What to Expect in VIP + Meeting Gaga

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

Jason Oh

There is only a 16% percent chance you get right and a 16% percent chance you get to be on her left, so that's a total of 28% odds it will be you.

:giveup::selena: Give me the stats that I love! Such a good read, especially for someone who lives in a flop country she'll never (actually, won't be able to) visit. It makes me feel like I'm there too :ladyhaha:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lona Delery

Wow idk what to say. That's not cute at all, for all the money you've spent for this.

I get it that Gaga's probably tired of meeting fans and doesn't wanna do the long group chats anymore like she did at the artRAVE, but if so, she should just skip the entire M&G thing. It looks like they're only doing it for the money.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Edonis
4 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

Wow idk what to say. That's not cute at all, for all the money you've spent for this.

I get it that Gaga's probably tired of meeting fans and doesn't wanna do the long group chats anymore like she did at the artRAVE, but if so, she should just skip the entire M&G thing. It looks like they're only doing it for the money.

Sis did you even read the very clear OP that mentioned it was obviously done for security reasons :selena: Hands in the air? No sudden movements? No surprise gifts? No political imagery that can pose a target for her venue? It's completely a safety thing (and money of course :poot: but also safety) 

OT: This is really cool to read! A lot of people who attended didn't go into the exact details of what was going on backstage and left things to the imagination (which of course, led to meltdowns) so THANK YOU truly for what you provided and what you do on your day to day for this cult site :hug:

ChicaSkas
6 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

I was low key hoping being the only member of GGD staff that's on the West Coast would pull a little clout and that I could have five or ten full minutes to talk to her about the site and the work I do and the archives, etc. I had to put all that in a letter with the Ipod. But I see where that would have been unfair for everyone else. At the same time, I never got to be with the mod team in Minneapolis the past 3 times, so I missed out on those long chats. I wanted that too. So I guess I'll take what i can get! But I'll never spend so much again.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
29 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

For $1500 I don't think its fair for each person to only have 5 seconds with her and a photo. The whole experience seems cold and I get the impression her or her team are taking advantage. 

For double that it's not fair either. (believe me).

I really think it's the concert promoters knowing they can bleed us dry for our queen.

This isn't how the Haus treats fans. This isn't how Gaga treats fans. This is how our f*cked up society has forced security measures to this extreme to protect quite possibly the globe's most famous female pop star. And yes it was cold-ish, but again that could be because she has show time in 15 minutes and has to satisfy all those thousands in the seats above us.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

JesseBabe

Even though I already went to the concert, I really enjoyed reading your post and learned so much haha. 

Hearing about all the amazing meet and greets she held back in the day just makes me sad that this is what a lot of fans get now. I can totally understand the meltdowns now even though it's clearly stated this tour is a backstage thing and not so much a meet and greet. Some of the security measure reasonings behind it I never even thought of, so I'm glad they are taking the necessary steps to protect her but are still allowing fans to meet her. It does sound fun and a once in a lifetime experience, but for $1,500 for a 15 second (or less) "chat" with Gaga and a group pic with people you'll most likely never see again? Hmmmm... do you I guess, but personally I'm glad I bought a Gucci bag with that money lol. :cryga:

not asher613
1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

I actually got lucky. The woman who helped resolve my ticket issue had me stand to the other side of Gaga. So Gaga gave me a little squeeze when I told her I worked for GGD and I flashed Gaga my GGD ModRAVE tshirt :D

The seats were good, Section 126 perpendicular to the stage at the Forum :D

I think people want to hear more about this part.

hpmcmill

Thank you for writing this and I'm glad your experience was positive and in no way want to take away from that. However, it sounds a bit sad as others have said. I know the expectations are clear in the package, but for such limited engagement it does seem like just a quick money grab without much payoff. The ARTRAVE M&G was great with 15-20 minutes as a group and 1-2 minutes individually. I was able to tell her how the Monster Ball inspired me to come out to my family. Then I got competitive for a charity auction for the Cheek to Cheek tour, was grouped with a bunch of important corporate people and got a quick snap and go. But now this is her own fans at her tour that may have saved up for this special moment. Yes, it's clear that it's groups of 6 upfront but the time to speak is too rushed in my opinion. 

The most important thing though isn't by opinion but that everyone who bought the experience had a good time... and of course that Gaga is safe. 

ChicaSkas
Just now, not asher613 said:

I think people want to hear more about this part.

People will. It was only on my side because I was next to her. I have to leave now but the whole story is coming tonight :D

She was very sweet, but the entire experience flew by so g*dd*amn fast, I had to burn it to my memory and write notes lol

ChicaSkas
1 minute ago, hpmcmill said:

Thank you for writing this and I'm glad your experience was positive and in no way want to take away from that. However, it sounds a bit sad as others have said. I know the expectations are clear in the package, but for such limited engagement it does seem like just a quick money grab without much payoff. The ARTRAVE M&G was great with 15-20 minutes as a group and 1-2 minutes individually. I was able to tell her how the Monster Ball inspired me to come out to my family. Then I got competitive for a charity auction for the Cheek to Cheek tour, was grouped with a bunch of important corporate people and got a quick snap and go. But now this is her own fans at her tour that may have saved up for this special moment. Yes, it's clear that it's groups of 6 upfront but the time to speak is too rushed in my opinion. 

The most important thing though isn't by opinion but that everyone who bought the experience had a good time... and of course that Gaga is safe. 

I agree. Overall, it's sad as heck. 

I hope it changes.

not asher613
1 minute ago, ChicaSkas said:

People will. It was only on my side because I was next to her. I have to leave now but the whole story is coming tonight :D

She was very sweet, but the entire experience flew by so g*dd*amn fast, I had to burn it to my memory and write notes lol

You're adorable. 

That squeeze shall echo out from here till eternity!

lodylody

Honestly, you're awesome @ChicaSkas and thank you so much for writing this post, and this is nothing against you, but almost everything written in this post makes me sad.

The security measures are understandable and don't phase me in the slightest. But even the refusal of posing with a gay pride flag makes my heart ache - I know that she's pro-LGBT, but in the past she would've insisted those flags be in the picture.

I know this isn't her or her close team's fault, but this is honestly so upsetting after seeing pictures of the BTWB backstage, and hearing so many marvellous stories. It's so clinical, it's so sad :noparty: 

hpmcmill
8 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I agree. Overall, it's sad as heck. 

I hope it changes.

I don't know how it all works with promoter deals and her label and this and that. I just wish they didn't offer it if the experience wasn't going to be extra special. But I know, money talks. Gaga is an artist at the core, but then she's a business. You have to be to make it. 

RAMROD

Good PSA and in person experience story. 

However, you forgot to mention the most important thing, Chica: How does she smelled like? :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived