💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Regarding Perfect Illusion

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

Perfect Illusion is my favorite song from Joanne, so I didn't like the performance of it on the first date.

The instrumentals were so loud (in most of the videos), that you couldn't hear her. She messed up the pacing. And overall the outfit doesn't fit the song.

I liked that she was almost completely alone on stage. 

Maybe she can do the acoustic version of the song if it's too challenging in this pace.

AndrewGr
1 hour ago, Dale Cooper said:

Maybe she can do the acoustic version of the song if it's too challenging in this pace.

giphy.gif

this is not a song to be performed acoustically. The instrumental is a killer and it's 150 times better with the live band. I am sure that for those who are being there it is one of the best moments of the show.

Bayonetta

I just think it needed some colourful lighting. Basic lighting + walking up and down the stage didn't do it for me personally, but she did slay the vocal area. 

Admin

I agree. PI is my favorite Gaga song ever and I feel like the performance didn't do it justice at all. 

The Surrealist
Just now, AndrewGr said:

giphy.gif

this is not a song to be performed acoustically. The instrumental is a killer and it's 150 times better with the live band. I am sure that for those who are being there is one of the best moments of the show.

The best performance of this era says hello.

Emigrante

whaaat? PI was so dope, everything. instrumental, those turned up demonic vocals, the outfit. Perfection!

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Lee Ng

The performance screamed a classic rock show with smokes, crazy flashes, the band standing behind, Gaga holding the mic alone and feeling the vibe. It was perfect to me :rockstar:

P/s: I want ha to change the outfit, though. The hand parts are so good but others need to go :selena:

ArtGagaPop

She should get a swinging mic, strangle the drummer and jump into the crowd. Recreate the music video, the song is to violent for her just to stand there like she did :poot:

But Idk i thought the sound, vocals and lighting was good.

The stage is amazing but it feels to empty at times. I want her to being a few more props for future dates.

Reality

I thought PI was fine, maybe that's just me? :shrug:

Also, she cannot perform it acoustic. I need PI to be performed the way it's meant to: with a lot of of energy and aggression. It's sort of sad that the best performance of the song is done acoustic, but I really need more performances of her just getting into the song and being upbeat.

🃏🖤👹

AndrewGr

The only thing that could've been done better in my opinion is if she had the classic PI look (ponytail-crop top, e.t.c.) and a wired mic in order to do the iconic mic swing during the bridge, but I get why it's not possible. 

Darkstains

I'm actually wishing she would perform it with the key lowered... There hasn't been a Perfect Illusion performance yet that didn't have me fearing for her vocals. (Not that there have been many performances of that) Plus, I'm worried how she'll be doing that almost every night...

Lee Ng
2 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

She should get a swinging mic, strangle the drummer and jump into the crowd.

Good points actually. I think she would when she masters the set :firega:

From the Periscope stream I watched, the lighting and the GA audience POV, it feels exactly like the PI video, I'd say it's a perfect recreation of the video, it's like watching the video in VR except it's reality.

ryanripley

upset there's no mic swing :noparty: but other than that, i say give it a few more dates for her to polish it up before fully judging

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Surrealist
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

upset there's no mic swing :noparty: but other than that, i say give it a few more dates for her to polish it up before fully judging

There is no cord for the mic.

Archived