💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lust For Life storyline...

Reid LePage

Featured Posts

Reid LePage

So I was just reading and listening to lana del rey interviews about her newly released fourthcoming LP "Lust For Life", and I hear in the radio interview she had for the summer bummer premiere, she was saying "Yosemite" was on the lfl because it was too happy and 'she wasn't there yet'.

Then she goes to talk about finishing the record and still feeling annoyed, like she's not really reaching that point of happiness that we all assumed she was at from when Love dropped. Do you feel like Lust For Life as a whole represents concept and the storyline of what Lana was originally talking about from the beginning of this era?

discuss below...

retroglamx

I'm not sure I understand the whole LFL concept as of right now, like the song really embodies having a lust for life but some others are not that blunt with the meaning. All I know is Cherry is the best song on that record.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

LordEnigma
23 minutes ago, retroglamx said:

I'm not sure I understand the whole LFL concept as of right now, like the song really embodies having a lust for life but some others are not that blunt with the meaning. All I know is Cherry is the best song on that record.

Cherry :toofunny:

Can someone explain to me why this is praised so heavily?

Sorry, off topic I know lol

retroglamx
3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

The lyrics, the atmosphere, the high notes, the whispering, the adlibs, the heavy drums and overall outstanding production. And also because it's the most reminiscent of Ultraviolence AKA her best album. Ever. :gaycat:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

ryanripley
19 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

not to derail the thread but MTE, i'd make my own but i don't wanna be excuse me no'd to death :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

littlepotter
20 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Bitch!

Bitch...

Fuck!

chaeri pls

LordEnigma
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

not to derail the thread but MTE, i'd make my own but i don't wanna be excuse me no'd to death :selena: 

I just don't see anything special in it... almost like a filler.

But.... I'll stop now so I don't get points :selena:

The Child

I think the fans killed LFT, don't get me wrong it's a really great album but I was expecting more songs in the vein of Love and I was disappointed, she listens way too much to her fans, she should do her own thing.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Dominic

I think things changed for her after the election. I think she felt forced to comment on the state of her country which she ultimately views as an unhappy experience. So the Love style album turned to a more politically charged one. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ryanripley
24 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I think the fans killed LFT, don't get me wrong it's a really great album but I was expecting more songs in the vein of Love and I was disappointed, she listens way too much to her fans, she should do her own thing.

if she listened to her fans, Best American Record would be on there instead of Coachella :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

RonnieGagz
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS

WHY NO ONE CARES ABOUT EVERY LANA SONG I LIKE  AND PRAISE EVERY SONG I FIND BAD?

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Yeah this album is really confusing to me. It starts very positive, upbeat and nostalgic with a 60s vibe (Love and Lust For Life). Then 13 beaches and Cherry come with sad lyrics and a similar style to what she's always been doing. Then she starts talking too much about G-Eazy with White Mustang, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love and In My Feelings. Then there's a whole political section with Coachella, God Bless America, When The World Was At War and Beautiful People, followed by another broken love song (Tomorrow Never Came) and then three songs about how she wants to be more positive in life (Heroin, Change and Get Free). 

It's not really an album. It's a collection of songs that talk about different things. A mess. I still like it tho.

Archived