Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Pink Floyd

babs

Featured Posts

(I searched for a long time through GGD and did not find a PF Fan base thread. If there is one, please merge this post or delete it or whatever)

MY FAVORITE F*CKING MUSIC ACT EVER!!!!

I know a lot of you on this forum are fond of this band and I though I'd made a thread so we can bond over our love for PF.

This year is a nice one for Floyd fans! 

- Roger Waters (PF's bassist, vocalist and composer) is currently on tour with his biggest production yet, the "US + THEM tour", which will apparently be his last.

Spoiler

Get tix at https://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

Trailer: 

- Roger also just released his new studio album "Is This The life We Really Want?" this year. 

Spoiler

Get the album at: https://store.roger-waters.com/collections/music

Music Videos: 

- David Gilmour (PF's guitarist, vocalist and composer) will be premiering his highly anticipated and nostalgic "Live in Pompeii" film, recorded last year in the ruins of Pompeii's Roman Amphitheater, which Pink Floyd had already played back in 1971 and resulted in the infamous audience-less "Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii" film. David's film will be screened worldwide for one night only (September 13th) and will be sold in various formats shortly after:

Spoiler

More info at: http://www.davidgilmour.com

Trailer: 

- Lastly, The exhibition "Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains" is currently running in London's V&A Museum to high acclaim. It is an audiovisual journey through the band's history curated by V&A, Hipgnosis (PF's go-to design team) and the remaining members of the band. Be sure to catch it if you're around the area!

Spoiler

--------------------------------

As for myself, I am super excited because I managed to get some tickets for Roger at the TD Garden on the 27th of September (MY FIRST FLOYD SHOW EVER AFTER MORE THAN 10 YEARS OF BEING A DIE HARD STAN) and I will most definitely make it to David's screening.

Are any of you guys attending these?

NIghtmareElm

I saw Roger Waters back in May.  One of the best shows I've been to so far.  Amazing visuals and he's a great performer.

They've been my favorite band for a long time.  Favorite album will always be Dark Side of the Moon.   

8 minutes ago, JoeysWorldTour said:

I saw Roger Waters back in May.  One of the best shows I've been to so far.  Amazing visuals and he's a great performer.

They've been my favorite band for a long time.  Favorite album will always be Dark Side of the Moon.   

Glad you enjoyed! The old man puts on a hell of a show everytime.

Anastasia

My favourite group of all time ! :selena: I have a great poster from a tour of theirs in the 60's in my room, I will send a pic if you are interested! Their visuals, music, lyrics, everything, its so mysterious and gorgeous. Their covers are also some of the greatest of all time! I am not attending any events, I've spent all my money on seeing Gaga live this year :cryga:, but Pink Floyd is the greatest of all time and I will absolutely find a way to see the members live. 

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

1 minute ago, Anastasia said:

My favourite group of all time ! :selena: I have a great poster from a tour of theirs in the 60's in my room, I will send a pic if you are interested! Their visuals, music, lyrics, everything, its so mysterious and gorgeous. Their covers are also some of the greatest of all time! I am not attending any events, I've spent all my money on seeing Gaga live this year :cryga:, but Pink Floyd is the greatest of all time and I will absolutely find a way to see the members live. 

OMG YEAAAAAAA absolutely. I guess it's for one of the 1967 shows? absolutely wanna see it!

I get you!!! I wanted to see Gaga this year but spent all my money on Roger so :wtfga:. That's why I'm hoping she extends the tour somehow.

Sister

All Pink Floyd's music is enough reason to stay alive~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys so I know this thread was a little dead but I just wanna try my luck because my show is less than one week away and I'm losing my mind :excited2:

Is anyone here going to the shows at TD Garden? these couple of shows will be the last US shows for this tour (unless another leg or something is announced in the future) Hit me up and we can meet up!

Guys I am sorry I know I am talking to myself here but I am just excited beyond repair.

I called this radio station that was giving away tickets and I WON 3RD ROW TICKETS FOR THE 2ND NIGHT. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS MY LIFE. 

Ariana Grindr
15 minutes ago, babs said:

Guys I am sorry I know I am talking to myself here but I am just excited beyond repair.

I called this radio station that was giving away tickets and I WON 3RD ROW TICKETS FOR THE 2ND NIGHT. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS MY LIFE. 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, lucky bastard! I saw him June 7th but I was pretty high in the top section, it was my second time to a Waters' show, first one was the wall back in 12 in San Francisco and omg, his visuals are everything. I wouldn't have gotten into Pink Floyd if it weren't for my ex best friend who I hopelessly fell deep in love with :selena:

Ariana Grindr

We don't need no education

we don't need no thought control

No dark sarcasm in the classroom

Teachers leave them kids alone:fthis:

4 minutes ago, ECORONA said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, lucky bastard! I saw him June 7th but I was pretty high in the top section, it was my second time to a Waters' show, first one was the wall back in 12 in San Francisco and omg, his visuals are everything. I wouldn't have gotten into Pink Floyd if it weren't for my ex best friend who I hopelessly fell deep in love with :selena:

The great thing about his shows is that you can literally be anywhere in the arena and you will have an out of this world experience. He is THAT dude when it comes to production.

Jealous though!!!!! I would have given my left or right nut to have attended a Wall show. That show is why I fell in love with PF

1 minute ago, ECORONA said:

My all time favorite song by them is Wish You Were Here:pray:

That's the song I won the tickets with bih :diane: I always loved it because it's an anthem but after this it's gonna be like in my top 3 lmao.

I'm a major Pink Floyd fan,have been for 14 years  I have all their albums.. and I'm seeing Roger in less than 2 weeks yasss. 3rd row. I saw The Wall in 2012

Archived