Featured Posts

theahsfan

Move aside Melodrama:whitney:

Anyone agree? Lust For Life is so beautiful, cinematic and summery 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan

Not that I was the biggest fan of Melodrama before but I know most people regarded it as the album of 2017

Idk. I haven't listened yet because I'm waiting for Midnight but Melodrama will be very hard to top!:excited2:

geopang

I didn't care for Melodrama. Lust for Life is absolutely the best album of the year.

Talent

SZA's album is better than Melodrama and Lust for Life. :nails:

DAtgxjLXoAAIzpL.jpg

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

whore

Arca, sweety, I'm SO sorry. I'm so sorry that an ugly ass bitch would even say that, oh my god! 

77a617e0.jpg

Sorcerer

I somehow prefer Lust For Life more than Melodrama maybe because of genre choices. I like the old vintage sound of Lana more. 

But I still have DAMN. and From A Room Vol. 1 as my best albums of the year. 

ItsTommyBitch
8 minutes ago, Talent said:

SZA's album is better than Melodrama and Lust for Life. :nails:

DAtgxjLXoAAIzpL.jpg

CTRL is definitely top 5 records of the year, but its got too many unfinished ideas on it for me to call it better than Melo or LFL as she's basically admitted her tracklisting could've been better and there were other tracks that could/should've made it. Here's to getting ALT in 2017 if we are lucky :pray: 

Personally, idk yet. I have a few more anticipated records this year, but I do enjoy listening to this record more than Melodrama atm. Its funny, I actually wanted more upbeat from Lorde, and more down tempo from Lana, but Lana's mid tempo on this album to me is still really pleasant and we get a lot of different moods and vocals, so shes serving versatility. Lorde's album is beautiful, but I don't really love to listen to it unless its all at once or in some kind of order, sans Green Light + Perfect Places + Supercut unfortunately :noparty: I expected a more balanced album sonically, even if everything on it is very cohesive and there are no duds. Critics love a concept album, and Melodrama does it well, but I just enjoy Lust for Life more. I still have only heard it in full 1nce then individual tracks spammed and havent heard it in lossless or even m4a/ itunes + yet :giveup: So it still needs an "official" full listening in my book.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

FrozenKookie

I love Lana to death, but surprisingly Melodrama is the best album for me this year so far. Though, that doesn't mean I dislike Lust for Life as I'm still happy because of it. The meltdowns, long wait, and delay are all worth it! This year surely is one of the richest times when it comes to music.

FrozenKookie
24 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Arca, sweety, I'm SO sorry. I'm so sorry that an ugly ass bitch would even say that, oh my god! 

77a617e0.jpg

I really like Stretch 1 and 2, but don't you think that's a little bit rude :oprah:

Archived