💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy slammed over controversial Koala ad in Australia

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

Katy Perry has been criticised over an advert in Australia which sees the singer telling her dog to “go chase some koalas”.

The clip, which you can view below, is part of a series of online promotions for Australian department store chain Myer.

Leading vet Claire Madden hit back at Perry and told the Courier-Mail newspaper: “This is just absolute ignorance from Perry and Myer. [It’s] inappropriate on so many levels.

“Perry is a role model to so many young people, and this just destroys all the good work we do to try to encourage people not to let their dogs come into contact with koalas.”

The RSPCA in Queensland says it’s taken in more than 170 koalas with 25% of those victims of dog attacks.Around 110 koalas are attacked and killed by dogs each year in the state.

“Katy Perry I challenge you to come and spend a day with me (a wildlife vet) and learn first hand why your comment should NOT be streamed across the nation,” Madden added.

“Koalas attacked by dogs is one of their biggest threats and primary reasons for presenting to wildlife hospitals across Australia.

“Come visit me and you will quickly learn how adorable and precious our koalas are and how undeserving your comment is.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/katy-perry-slammed-over-koala-advert-in-australia-2098735

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4666340/Katy-Perry-SLAMMED-telling-dog-chase-koalas.html

http://www.avclub.com/article/katy-perry-adds-australia-koalas-list-things-shes--257695

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mister max

I even heard this on the radio lmao :spin:

I love koalas so was very shooketh but after all its not thzt bad tbh :diane:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

SlaeUrAnus

The media are RIPPING her to SHREDS this era :air: 

Those DM comments though :air: 

In my messy era.

yASSsss

The devil is working extra hard.Anything Katy says or does this era turns into a mess

T01d2Eu.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Korok

Excuse my Canadian ignorance but this sounds kind of niche? Are they scared that this commercial will influence more dogs to attack koalas? idgi.

RonnieGagz

Katy, wtf, not even the ARTPOP era was this messy :neyde:

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

RonnieGagz
1 minute ago, Korok said:

Excuse my Canadian ignorance but this sounds kind of niche? Are they scared that this commercial will influence more dogs to attack koalas? idgi.

Of course it won't influence the dogs, it will influence people of thinking that dogs chasing Koalas is something normal, when its not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Koalas are already in extinction danger.

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

GoldenPonyboy

Should the last part of the ad be taken out, sure idc. But the hate towards her this era is bizarre, it comes out of nowhere. I don't really care about the commercial. I'm not offended. Don't forget, some people have said worse things and did not suffer any consequences so.... 

Lumi
9 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

The RSPCA in Queensland says it’s taken in more than 170 koalas with 25% of those victims of dog attacks.Around 110 koalas are attacked and killed by dogs each year in the state.

So sad. :toofunny: I know it's a joke but Katy and her team are so ignorant. :toofunny:

underneath the pine

DelusionalGaga

Ok, I love koalas like everyone else, but isn't it obvious that it's just a joke? Like if a person actually goes chasing koalas after hearing a popstar say so in a commercial then this person is incredibly dumb :trollga:

Archived