HDD: MR for Grammy SOTY nom

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
1 hour ago, Misaki said:

Why "Sign of The Times"? The song wasn't huge dispite his Top 5 debut. I see MR a much likelier option. 

It was bigger than MR though, and much more acclaimed.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

monsterdino

To be quite honest, I think Million Reasons has a fair chance of winning...either Million Reasons or Sign Of The Times should win, because the songwriting on the other songs is not good

monsterdino
11 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

It was bigger than MR though, and much more acclaimed.

bigger?

sis lets not

Miel
1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

SONG OF THE YEAR:

Shape of You
Sign of the Times
Humble
Say You Won't Let Go
Million Reasons

I want either of these songs to win in this category because they are both incredible works of art. 

I agree. I'm really rooting for Kendrick and Gaga this year.

3 points in and ready for more

Bradley

Both Record of the Year and Song of the Year don't feature any Bruno material?

I want Gaga to be nominated over Bruno but Bruno had huge hits which are good songs though.

Drin Lon
43 minutes ago, F AM E said:

I think those two songs are amazing and deserve it, but taking the past into account gaga has the edge over them. Kendrick hasn't really won anything outside the hip-hop genre (which is a travesty and might change this year) and Harry has the stigma of being in a boyband. Gaga is somewhat of a Grammy favorite by now and stands a pretty good chance at winning.

Born This Way, one of the few albums this decade who debuted with 1M sales its first week, which also had a #1 smash and a top3 hit, didn't win any Grammy. Also TFM, one of the most influential albums of this millenium, lost AOTY to an indie band. (I know they had an amazing album, but still.)

Yeah, Gaga is definitely a Grammy's favorite...

Arturo
22 minutes ago, Miel said:

I agree. I'm really rooting for Kendrick and Gaga this year.

Kendrick can have ROTY. Humble is definitely more deserving of winning as a record and not a song. 

Miel
14 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Kendrick can have ROTY. Humble is definitely more deserving of winning as a record and not a song. 

I know this is an age old question, but can you distinguish "record" and "song" of the year? Years of answering on GGD and I still don't fully understand :sweat:

Miel
31 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Born This Way, one of the few albums this decade who debuted with 1M sales its first week, which also had a #1 smash and a top3 hit, didn't win any Grammy. Also TFM, one of the most influential albums of this millenium, lost AOTY to an indie band. (I know they had an amazing album, but still.)

Unfortunately, I agree.

However, maybe it's seemed like she's definitely started to warm up with them, since she's performed three years in a row, after winning in 2015. idk if that's a major factor, though.

migamiga
50 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

BTW lost to 21. Also I said by now Gaga is more of a grammy favorite esp compared to those two after her C2C rebranding.

God why is everyone on this site so immature when you're stating a different opinion. Yall wouldn't have the balls to be this sassy in person

DeleteMyAccount
3 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Humble or Sign Of The Times will take SOTY 

I just hope MR gets nominated for Best Pop Vocal Performance and wins that category!

If Sign of the Times wins SOTY then it'll probably win Pop Vocal. Or if any song is nominated for everything while others aren't.

Archived